Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone play SimCity?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just installed in Sc4 yesterday and I have a slight problem..... how do you get the road to connect up to the buildings because I see lots of dead ends, here is a pic of my latest city.

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/8888/simcityzl2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    That's wierd, I just started playing Sim City 3000 again last night.

Never played Sim City 4 before, but I don't get what's wrong on that picture, except that you've got a zone at the end of the road. I usually leave the ends clear so the road can be extended, and build either side of it. That's just your planning. Roads don't connect up with the buildings, they go between the zones.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    That's wierd, I just started playing Sim City 3000 again last night.

Never played Sim City 4 before, but I don't get what's wrong on that picture, except that you've got a zone at the end of the road. I usually leave the ends clear so the road can be extended, and build either side of it. That's just your planning. Roads don't connect up with the buildings, they go between the zones.

As above, they don't connect to stuff, they just go to it. You can't connect it to a building. If you don't want this (I don't) - plan a Manhanntan grid style of city. Just loads of grids, prevents unsightly deadends.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Sim City was too hard :(:(
  • Options
    Ok thanks, I also have a new problem!

Some seem to grow and some do not and I don't know why, it's not on pause and zone view is off. Is it because in part of the city I have the zones inside a square street. Here is a pic of what I mean:

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/3555/mysimsos9.jpg
  • Options
    Makoto wrote: »
    Ok thanks, I also have a new problem!

Some seem to grow and some do not and I don't know why, it's not on pause and zone view is off. Is it because in part of the city I have the zones inside a square street. Here is a pic of what I mean:

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/3555/mysimsos9.jpg

You can lower taxes in the zones that need filling up to attract new residents. Your RCI meter at the bottom is showing a high demand for residential and industrial zones, but a low demand for commercial zones, which is why your blue area isn't being built on. You can try fixing this with taxes, but it will go up naturally as the population increases and will get built on eventually. Bear in mind that in a new city, all of your zones won't be used up all of the time.
  • Options
    I play RCT3 (Roller Coaster Tycoon 3) a lot and I found that the in-game tutorials were extremely helpful. It was enough to get me going in the game without having to read up on the web or in a hardcopy manual. Has Sim City got something similar?