Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Personal statement for CV

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I'm writing my CV again and have been thinking about putting my personal statement in bullet point format will this put the employer off?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Right I decided against the bullet points and have composed two short personal statements that are going to be for sales associate jobs. Here are the two, I'm not so good at English any grammar nazis care to help me choose.

"I am Outgoing, open and genuinely interested in people, looking for a success driven and people oreintated job. I work well within a team as well as being able to take responsibilty and ownership of problem solving. You'll find that I am always looking for my next challenge and enjoy going the extra mile for the customer and myself."

"I am an outgoing guy, entusiastic about life and looking for work in an interactive job. I have excellent communcation skills, IT skills and I am an easy going person who likes to learn new skills and work within a friendly environment. I enjoy working with others and being part of a team as well as being able to take ownership and responibilty of problem solving. I am also driven by success and always looking for my next challenge "
  • Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
    Hi Virus,

Good luck with your CV. As a grammar pedant I'd say they were pretty OK - an unnecessary capital and some missing hyphens but nothing I'd say would affect your suitability to be employed.

What I would say is that I'd personalise the statements a bit more. These ones are good, but they could be written about anyone. What is it about you that demonstrates what you claim?

I'd tie a few of them into things that you relate to in the rest of your CV.

Good luck...

Olly
    Do you have any sales experience? It might be a good plan to write about an example when you took charge of a complete sales cycle from end to end - generating your own lead and how, to finding solution to their need and closing deal, consolidating, paperwork, and ensuring delivery, getting refferals from/through them and keeping up a good relationship with the customer to squeeze more out of them at a later date too lol. Or, just an example of you taking charge of one area of the above.
    Olly_B wrote: »

What is it about you that demonstrates what you claim?

That's exactly what I was going to say. Give an example of how you have worked well in a team and solved problems. It will make your application stand out more.
    What about targets, have you ever totally smashed one, or motivated a team to beat one?