Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Scared of fucking up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i've just finished the 3rd year of a 4 year degree and i'm not sure I can go back for the 4th year because I'm so scared of fucking it up and having wasted my degree. I'm so worried about it, i've completely screwed up this year, ive been abroad and was supposed to do 2 research projects 1 whilst in each country and ive done minimal research for one and nothing for the other and now i'm back in england. I have until september to do them but I'm so scared its too late. I've had some personal problems which led to me not focusing on them whilst I was there, but I'm far too scared to tell my uni that i havent done them, and am just having a total panic that i should just drop out of my degree now. help.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Take a gap year, do some work, relax, compose yourself, get ready to finish degree. :thumb:
    Email your tutor with outline of what's happened and arrange to go in for a meeting to discuss options of either finishing work with support before September or taking a year out and doing it that way. There's no need to drop out, you've got this far, the tutor will be understanding, have heard it all before and, it's in their best business interests to help you finish your degree in the most effective efficient way.
    i agree with both of the above posts kirst. i think it would be a terrible waste for you to drop out at this stage.