Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Online Auctions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just don't get it!!

When people purchase an item Buy It Now, why do they not complete checkout straight away??

This month has been good for me sales wise , over £500, but I am still waiting for another £90 to be paid to me that was purchased BIN yesterday.

Do you always complete checkout straight away?

Also, if anyone wants a tip on what to sell - gold!!

I listed items last night (broken 9ct gold chains) and they were purchased within minutes. And I am taking about old chains, I guess people are juse going to melt them down. All you have to do is weigh the gold and then get it converted using the Gold Fix Price.

Do you have any good selling suggestions to share?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if your talking about buying something then I always pay right away. It is annoying when people lag payment when you sell though.
    I do, unless I buy something a few days before I get paid, then I wait until a couple of days before payday so I don't get charged for it.
    I always pay straight away, it means I get my stuff quicker.
    This month has been good for me sales wise , over £500, but I am still waiting for another £90 to be paid to me that was purchased BIN yesterday.

that's not always down to the buyer, If you use PayPal as a payment method, and you are refering to eBay, they have limitations now, so it takes about 15 days+ before you get the payment for new anti-fraud rules.

It's stupid.
    If it's buy-it-now, I pay up immediately. If it's bidding, then it depends if I'm online at the time of auction end.
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    that's not always down to the buyer, If you use PayPal as a payment method, and you are refering to eBay, they have limitations now, so it takes about 15 days+ before you get the payment for new anti-fraud rules.

It's stupid.

And ebay has changed the rules meaning you cant give buyers negative feedback!
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    And ebay has changed the rules meaning you cant give buyers negative feedback!

hate that!

i can see why they think it'd be a good idea but honestly...in practice...its not