Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

to fringe or not to fringe and hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm thinking about a fringe and I've been thinking for a while really. I'm not sure whether it would suit me tho. My forehead is quite small, apparently my face is heartshaped and my nose is kinda ski slope-ish.

How many fringes are there in the world?

I've tried the side fringe thing but whenever I get it done it just sweeps way over to the side. Plus I'm kinda bored with my hair. It's long and just there. No style or anything.

this is an example of my hair that is actually just *there*natural state at it's worse and unstyled.

Any ideas on a possible new haircut/style/fringe that might suit? I have no idea really. I wouldn't really like a lot off of the length but at the same time think it's way too long and I would really like to look older than 12.

the second pic is of a hair style i quite like

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    like it, especially if you have a natural wave to your hair

your hair looks thicker than the 2nd pic though so it may require a bit more styling...but me likey the fringe!
    hiya,
    im liking the haircut you like.. the frindge is lovely!!
    i think if your unsure about how you want your frindge then ask the hair dresser to cut it so you can have it to the side and in the middle? so you can wear it how you want?
    that is what i was thinking, my hair is naturally wavy so it could work but yeah my hair is very thick

what do you mean by to the side and off the middle? kinda swept looking?

ugh my mum doesnt like it, she sucks..apparently the fringe is too heavy?
    i like your hair now better than the pic... just my opinion though.
    katralla wrote: »
    i like your hair now better than the pic... just my opinion though.

Thanks :) It really is terrible right now though. Feels like just a mass!
    do it looks good.
    that is what i was thinking, my hair is naturally wavy so it could work but yeah my hair is very thick

what do you mean by to the side and off the middle? kinda swept looking?

ugh my mum doesnt like it, she sucks..apparently the fringe is too heavy?
    I think she means ask the hairdresser to cut it so that you can have your fringe completely straight (like this) or off to one side, like the one in your picture. My hairdresser did that for my hair once because it was right after I'd dyed my hair and I had a big red patch just under the front of my parting so she covered it up with the fringe and said I could still wear it as a sweepy fringe if I wanted to.
    You could get long layers, keeps the length but would make it seem less thick.

My hairs pretty thick and I have to have it layered or it looks awful.
    Hmm thanks I think I will ask for longer layers :)

I have made an appointment for 3pm tomorrow. Arghhh
    I think the fringe as pictured would look great on you, it's not particularly heavy (though I'm loathe to contradict a mum since they're almost always right :p).

Layers would be nice to give you a bit of shape. I have been working the long-hair-all-of-one-length look for yeeeears now and have been toying with the idea of some layers myself. The top and bottom of it being that I'm just entirely too lazy to get a haircut that requires any maintenence at all!

Post a pic tomorrow, I wanna see what you decide! :D
    Haha I will do even if it turns out to look a bit mongish. The fringe in that picture seems to come from the crown which I think is why my mum was put off. She said it looked a bit 'heavy' pfft. I'm thinking more of a side sweeping sort of fringe rather than a side fringe or a full on a fringe. I hope my hairdresser understands cuz I'm crap at explaining.

Will ask for long layers too! I'm fed up of the overall heavyness of my hair right now. It's gotten to the point where I can roll it up into a massive bun and stick a pencil through it and it just stays there. Haha. I like hair with minimal effort as well so will see how I go with a fringe :nervous:
    Will ask for long layers too! I'm fed up of the overall heavyness of my hair right now. I like hair with minimal effort as well so will see how I go with a fringe :nervous:

My layers are very low maintence (my hairdresser knows how little time I spend on my hair!!) If you say when you go that you like low maintence they can give you a haircut that fits.
    Thanks I will try get what I want across but hairdressers make me so nervous! Will post pics tomorrowish :)
    I think the pic you posted will really suit you.

Go for it!

Eta: although that model's face is a bit scary...
    I did it! I am now in possession of a fringe. I took a few pictures. My expression is still kinda uncertain/frazzled as you can see.
    It's very nice!
    It looks awesome :D.
    ahh rach how cute are you. it looks really niiice :]
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Me likey.
    thankyou :) i think im happy with it!
    It looks great, the fringe/layers really suit you.
    very nice.
    It looks lovely...definatly suits you :yes: :)
    thnx :)
    The fringe looks really good! Breaks the length up nicely. I did them same thing with my hair a couple of months ago, except mine's a bit longer. :)
    oh the style looks good, go for it. just don't make the fringes too long so they hang in your face, covering your eye all emo like.

/e: let me tell you the story, about when I thought Fringes where special short hair women grow out of their forehead. It made a lot of sense, that fringes are just normal hair cut short and put over your forehead.
    Love it, super cute :thumb:
    I've pretty much had the same haircut as you, despite the fact i was really scared of getting a fringe after the nightmare that was my hair in the 90's :p hasn't come out too bad!

I think it really suits you though, it's cute :yes: