Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Government loses yet more information.

Alright, this information isn't of use to anyone and fortunately isn't sensitive (so they say). However if I were ever stupid enough to take work info home, and then have the computer stolen then I'd be sacked pretty much straight away.
I think it's about time someone in the government, ie Ms Blears was made an example of, or is it 1 rule for them e.t.c.?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7459579.stm
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you think that's bad, what do you make of classified documents not only being taken out of the office but left on a train for everyone else to read? As it has been reported twice in recent days. :D

Matt's cartoon in today's Telegraph made me laugh, incidentally...

matt170608_679592a.jpg
  • Options
    So yet MORE data has been lost. Can anyone now explain to me why this government still believes it can be trusted to administer an ID cards scheme?
  • Options
    Agree. But there is a wide spread problem with personal information security. There are lapses and neglect all over the place. I dont think any such scheme that will store peoples personal data should be implemented until the government, the police, the banks, the nhs and any other state or private company that would store such information can behave responsibly and keep it secure.