Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lost railcard

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I lost my young persons railcard, I've only had it a month :crying: Think it lost it on the train but I've had no joy from lost property

On the website it says its a £5 admin charge but you need the receipt of the railcard. I haven't got this :( Will I just have to buy a new one?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah i think so. no chance of you finding the receipt for it?
    btw for future reference there is a bit on the back of the railcard where you can fill in your postcode and house number so that if it's found it can be sent back to you. Sorry that that doesn't help you now though.
    I didn't consciously keep the receipt althought if the world is kind it will be hanging around somewhere

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Didn't fill out the address bit either I don't think

GAH
    Did you use a card to buy it or cash? If you used a card you should be able to find it on a bank statement and that might be enough for the £5 replacement... worth a try!
    If you know your railcard number, then you'll have better standing. That's the case anyway with a disabled persons' railcard which works at the same rate as young persons'.
    I had such a freaking hassle with YPR that I'm writing a letter of complaint. Most unhelpful company EVER!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    In short - its railcard reciept or nothing I'm afraid. If you lost it on board its worth checking with the company and also the company that own/run the station the train terminated at - sometimes the train crew or a fellow passenger will hand it in to the station and the travelling TOC may not neccessarily have it.
    Splodgey wrote: »
    Did you use a card to buy it or cash? If you used a card you should be able to find it on a bank statement and that might be enough for the £5 replacement... worth a try!
    Unfortunately if issued at a station it will simply have the station TOC and name so wouldn't be accepted :(

Monserrat wrote: »
    If you know your railcard number, then you'll have better standing. That's the case anyway with a disabled persons' railcard which works at the same rate as young persons'.
    Probably not possible either. Disabled Railcards are monitored in a lot more detail as they obviously check the disability etc and do checks which they don't with YP's. Always worth a go though!
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    I had such a freaking hassle with YPR that I'm writing a letter of complaint. Most unhelpful company EVER!

I did try asking you in your original thread if you needed any extra help or contact names or anything but you didn't reply? If you want a name to contact or any extra help or anything drop me a PM.

Besides all this, can we call them their new 'more politically correct' name now - thats '16-25 Railcard' now then......... :grump:
    I've got a spare one since I lost mine and sent off for a new one, then found the old one. Feel free to use that if you think you could pass as looking like me :D
    I did have two but then I put the paper one (the other one was a NatWest one) through the wash with my Oyster card :o. Otherwise I'd have sent you that :p.
    I've got a spare one since I lost mine and sent off for a new one, then found the old one. Feel free to use that if you think you could pass as looking like me :D

What do you look like :)
    kangoo wrote: »
    What do you look like :)
    Well I'm a guy, but I guess you could cut your hair?? ;)
    Well I'm a guy, but I guess you could cut your hair?? ;)

Nah I think I'll pay the £20 :grump:
    Um, £24 now. Sorry!
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwh man :(
    I FOUND IT!!!!!! :yippe: :yippe: :yippe:
    kangoo wrote: »
    I FOUND IT!!!!!! :yippe: :yippe: :yippe:
    Yey! :D
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit