Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Nice girl. Shame about the face.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
New girl I'm seeing. She's absolutely lovely, and very highly sought after for good reason - all of her ex's have been millionaire CEOs, some minor celebrities / royalty. She's very adorable, sexy, cute, great body language, personable, and has achieved some amazing things in her life that have won international awards and made the papers.

So I feel rather fortunate and lucky that she's been after me / wants to be going out with me / sees me within her "league". I do like her, but its a fairly trivial thing - I'm not too fond of how her face looks. Sounds silly but no better way of saying it. It's not a bad face, she's certainly "attractive", but the shape of the face isn't one that appeals to me.

Maybe I'd be stupid to dump her over such a trivial thing. But the truth is because of that I'm not that crazy about her. What do you do in a situation where you're dating someone and you like them but for whatever reason you're not head over heels crazy about them - do you keep dating them until something better comes along? Are content with "settling" even though they're not perfect (after all, very few people are 'perfect'), or dump them straightaway?

Thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You'll be lucky if a woman wants to keep you in her life with that attitude
    Virus wrote: »
    You'll be lucky if a woman wants to keep you in her life with that attitude
    The attitude that I need to actually be genuinely into a woman rather than like some of her factors (whether looks or personality) but not all of them? Yeah, such a terrible attitude :rolleyes:
    Well, I've known people to be very picky, and in the end they've never been happy with whatever/whoever they get as they'll always find something not to like. A bit of self-reflection wouldn't go amiss.

Bottom line is, if you don't find someone attractive enough, be it physical or otherwise (and I doubt this woman has a Cushings style face) then you can't force yourself to like them. I'd rather be straight with someone than string them along until the next one comes up.
    go_away wrote: »
    Well, I've known people to be very picky, and in the end they've never been happy with whatever/whoever they get as they'll always find something not to like. A bit of self-reflection wouldn't go amiss.

Bottom line is, if you don't find someone attractive enough, be it physical or otherwise (and I doubt this woman has a Cushings style face) then you can't force yourself to like them. I'd rather be straight with someone than string them along until the next one comes up.
    Thankyou. Regarding your first point, are you saying there's other people out there who may think the same flaws but not care about it to the point they still find the other person attractive despite those, because they're less "picky"? There's been plenty of girls I've been with who I was perfectly happy with despite their flaws - because their flaws were small personality issues which were trivial, whereas loving their looks/appearance is surely essential as its what you see when you're with them..
    Virus wrote: »
    I always thought this way, thats why I never got anywhere when I could have taken my chances. Good luck with it :rolleyes:
    I've pulled/fucked girls I wasn't hugely into, but I'm talking about going out with someone. Surely to go out with someone in the long run you need not only to like them, but to really really like them, be totally into them and crazy about them, and not want to leave them for anyone else? If you are referring to going out with someone ie the above, it suggests you'd be happy to settle with someone you're not completely content with. Surely that would be shit being with someone you're not genuinely that into.
    You're not attracted to her, so don't go out with her. What's the problem?
    You're not attracted to her, so don't go out with her. What's the problem?
    Yeah, looking like it. It just seems a shame to dump someone so adorable, impressive, and totally out of my league over something seemingly so trivial. I am attracted to her, just not quite enough thanks to the shape of her fucking face..
    Are you for real? I swear this is the same troll that played Jomery and all those other stereotypes...
    tinkler wrote: »
    I am attracted to her, just not quite enough thanks to the shape of her fucking face..

God, what a bitch. I can't believe she doesn't have your favourite face shape. She should get a face transplant for you. She must be so selfish!!

Note: All of the above was sarcasm. I think you're a jackass and I hope she has the sense to dump you soon :thumb:
    Yeah, looking like it. It just seems a shame to dump someone so adorable, impressive, and totally out of my league over something seemingly so trivial. I am attracted to her, just not quite enough thanks to the shape of her fucking face..

You've said 'some' nice things about this girl but just cos she hasn't got the perfect shape face you don't want to go out with her, Fuck me your soooo shallow. No-one is perfect y'know and i bet your not either
    silverhalo wrote: »
    Are you for real? I swear this is the same troll that played Jomery and all those other stereotypes...
    As g_angel touched upon, the majority of young professionals in London will have a similar mindset and attitude, where looks, ambition, intellect etc are prominent in judging a person. I've seen a big difference, down here the first question you can be asked is what uni you went to / what profession do you work in, go a couple of hours up north and the convo is purely sport and music.
    Pringle wrote: »
    God, what a bitch. I can't believe she doesn't have your favourite face shape. She should get a face transplant for you. She must be so selfish!!

Note: All of the above was sarcasm. I think you're a jackass and I hope she has the sense to dump you soon :thumb:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

nice one!!!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

nice one!!!

<Bows graciously>

Thank you for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated :D

Incidentally, if this girl's so amazing and has gone out with minor celebrities or whatever, why is she going out with someone like him? She can't be that intelligent.
    You've said 'some' nice things about this girl but just cos she hasn't got the perfect shape face you don't want to go out with her, Fuck me your soooo shallow. No-one is perfect y'know and i bet your not either
    Can I help it if I don't find her attractive because of that? Surely face is quite an important thing when it comes to whether you like someone or not.. :rolleyes: One of my exes was quite spotty, the other had a bit of a big ass, one generally quite plump.. they were still in my eyes 'attractive' so I didn't really care, whereas here perhaps because face is the main thing you see in someone it's a total put-off. I don't deserve to be villified for having that kind of opinion. In fact its bad if people here are happy to settle for someone they aren't 100% happy with.
    Pringle wrote: »
    Incidentally, if this girl's so amazing and has gone out with minor celebrities or whatever, why is she going out with someone like him? She can't be that intelligent.
    Basically the main thing she's attracted to is ambition. I've always been a small-time entrepreneur, ran loads of businesses since age 15. She saw all that on my Facebook and has been wowed that I'm like some millionaire businessman so totally fallen for me. Another good reason to run your own company, you can be CEO/President and make it look like its a huge thing where you're raking it in and being really successful!
    not read all this, but i think some flaws are good. no matter what they are. but then i dont see relationships to be things to mess about. i see them as something to keep and hold on to. anyone who is perfect i think id find boring. not that everyone thinks that.
    silverhalo wrote: »

That's what I thought - de ja vu anyone? Anyway, I don't think this is true, just another attempt to show us mere mortals how we just don't compare to someone so fabulous they can dump some unknown 'celebrity' because they have the wrong shape face. :rolleyes:
    dump her, obviously. and give her my number.
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    Since age 15?

You only look about 16 on your avatar!
    Hehehehe. Yeah in my 20s but look really young, don't need to shave every day.

Arrggghhh... totally get people's points on "flaws", lots of my ex's have had flaws but I've either found them nice in a quirky way or not cared at all. This is just surely a bigger deal than some of you make it out to be, as the face is surely the most important thing when considering if someone's physically attractive or not?!
    Can I help it if I don't find her attractive because of that? Surely face is quite an important thing when it comes to whether you like someone or not.. :rolleyes: One of my exes was quite spotty, the other had a bit of a big ass, one generally quite plump.. they were still in my eyes 'attractive' so I didn't really care, whereas here perhaps because face is the main thing you see in someone it's a total put-off. I don't deserve to be villified for having that kind of opinion. In fact its bad if people here are happy to settle for someone they aren't 100% happy with.

So basically your attracted to spotty, big assed, plump girls???

just because someone has a flaw you can't be with them??? by the sounds of it you have many.
    Lets just pretend for one second that this girl is real and Tinkler isn't a 15 year old boy in his room making up stories....

Anyhoo, the only reason you're in this dilemma is because you're only really attracted to her lifestyle/career and you think that dating this person will give you kudos points with your mates. If it was a genuinely nice girl who worked in Sainsburys or something you wouldn't even give it a second thought, thus showing your complete shallowness.
    go a couple of hours up north and the convo is purely sport and music.
    It's really, really not.

I pity the majority of young professionals in London if this is their mindset.

You really are very shallow and I don't care if everyone else is or isn't, I think for the girl's sake you should not go out with her. I feel very sorry for her being lumbered with you when you only want her as some sort of trophy for others to be jealous of.

Here is my advice: don't date her because you are not attracted to her.
    I am, genuinely, very attracted to her. Just not enough to feel completely crazy about her and all day thinking about how much I want to fuck her. But, the responses on here would suggest that's not enough to dump someone over, if I'm attracted to but not crazy about someone.
    It's really, really not.

I pity the majority of young professionals in London if this is their mindset.

You really are very shallow and I don't care if everyone else is or isn't, I think for the girl's sake you should not go out with her. I feel very sorry for her being lumbered with you when you only want her as some sort of trophy for others to be jealous of.

I concur with all of this.

I fail to see the problem. You're not attracted to her, which is fair enough, so then why are you with her?

And enough with all the young London professionals crap, cause I doubt anyone's interested. This is just boy meets girl. Simple. It's you that's making the big thing about it.
    Well then why don't you work at it and give those feelings a chance to grow?
    Well then why don't you work at it and give those feelings a chance to grow?
    That's what I'm currently doing, sticking with it and hoping that suddenly somehow I totally fall for her. Realistically, not sure that can happen as I either fall for someone straight-off or am never into them. Thankyou.
    J wrote: »
    How two faced of you!
    :lol:
    O/T scroll through this before calling me shallow. Absolutely classic http://www.punjabi.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2646
    Arrggghhh... totally get people's points on "flaws", lots of my ex's have had flaws but I've either found them nice in a quirky way or not cared at all. This is just surely a bigger deal than some of you make it out to be, as the face is surely the most important thing when considering if someone's physically attractive or not?!

I know this is gonna sound crazy, but hear me out - it's slightly possible, I mean probably not at all, obviously, but there's certainly a minute possibility, however remote and totally insane, that perhaps you have some "flaws" yourself.

*DRUMROLL*

And maybe she doesn't like your face. I think she's just putting up with it.
    I know this is gonna sound crazy, but hear me out - it's slightly possible, I mean probably not at all, obviously, but there's certainly a minute possibility, however remote and totally insane, that perhaps you have some "flaws" yourself.

*DRUMROLL*

And maybe she doesn't like your face. I think she's just putting up with it.

:eek2: Tinkler has flaws? What a ridiculous concept

:razz:
This discussion has been closed.