Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

English synoptic exam for AQA

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Is anyone else taking this? or taken it in the past?

How are you/did you deal with the pre-release material?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you mean WW1? I'm doing it friday!
    WW1..? I have no idea what exam that is :p

I'm doing Measure for Measure and Chaucer on Friday
    You doing Lit B?
    Yep I am.

This is the one thats Wednesday next week?

What texts are you studying?
    Ah I'm doing lit A, synoptic tomorrow is WW1 lit and next week im doing winters tale and lyrical ballads (bollocks).
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Ah I'm doing lit A, synoptic tomorrow is WW1 lit and next week im doing winters tale and lyrical ballads (bollocks).

Oh dear! Good luck =]
    How did Friday's one go?!
    Wasn't too bad but could have been better. It's so frustrating when you can't do what you're capable of. The annoying thing out of the 3 extracts for wider reading i only knew 1 of them. I managed to link the other 2 to some wider reading but i didnt really understand either of them very well. :(
    Not quite J... :p

I saw questions for Winter's tale on my exam.. one was on the theme of friendship and the other was about the relationship between two characters.. they looked ok!

Obviously, it wasn't the same exam paper though, even though it was AQA..? :p
    I've got winters tale on wednesday, too bad its a different paper or i could have swatted then - might be worth a try though
    i've got an english language exam on tuesday, with the pre-release materials (dyslexia/witches), but really (dorkishly) looking forward to it

not so much thursday's - child language etc.
    last exam though, then to the pub!
    nahnah wrote: »
    i've got an english language exam on tuesday, with the pre-release materials (dyslexia/witches), but really (dorkishly) looking forward to it

not so much thursday's - child language etc.
    last exam though, then to the pub!

english language on tuesday and thursday are my last exams too, different spec though. good luck :)
    English lang sounds really interesting - I would have done it but they don't offer it at my school, just straight lit. My last exam is wednesday - the big synoptic biology module with an essay question. :(
    you'll be ok love :heart:

language is ok, it's a bit easier than lit i'd say ;) there's a lot of sociology in it. there's lots of grammar and then it's all about language change and a bit of creative writing thrown in there too. i enjoyed the course but it did get a bit tedious after a while.