Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Employment gaps

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm currently looking for a job, but for the past year I've been on prozac and a medical trial (working alongside the prozac). I'm not sure how well this would go down with employers if I told them, they might not employ me as it clearly says I've been depressed. Any ideas or maybe an alternative thing I could say?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Personal reasons.

why were you depressed - perhaps you could spin a yarn from that - "post accident depression" - berevement of a close family member - that kind of thing.

you don't HAVE to mention gaps in experience on a CV -- although just have an answer ready, and if it's personal, i doubt very much they'd delve too far into it in any interview.
    Personal reasons.

why were you depressed - perhaps you could spin a yarn from that - "post accident depression" - berevement of a close family member - that kind of thing.

you don't HAVE to mention gaps in experience on a CV -- although just have an answer ready, and if it's personal, i doubt very much they'd delve too far into it in any interview.

I pretty much thought depression was frowned upon at interviews because it's a recurrent condition? I have had depression on and off since I was 12, it's part circumstantial, but sometimes it just happens for no reason.
    this is a good question, my boyfriend has the same sort of thing. he was off sick from his last job for quite a few months because of depression and now hes a lot better and wanting to get a job again, but he doesnt know what to write when the forms ask how many days he had off sick...or how to explain the long gap in employment. its hard isnt it! getting a job is hard i think, specially when you've been out of it.