Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Beds

Ok, so I hate my bed. It looks ugly, it has no storage (which I could really do with) and it's kinda noisy :p I've currently got a double divan which I ended up with as it was that or no bed, but I want a new one and can actually buy one for once. Having never bought a bed before I'm not entirely sure if there is anything I should be looking for in buying one, and haven't worked out why some are really expensive and some super cheap in comparison. I'd be looking for a double, just frame (unless it's really cheap to get a mattress too as mine is fine) and NOT a divan.

Any suggestions for what to look out for?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you want to keep your matress, then you need to look, and make sure you get a decent bed that will fit your needs, the small ads/freecycle might be a better place to look then a bed shop.

Getting a new matress is a whole new ball game.
    Ikea is really good for bed frames

like purplebutterfly said matresses are another thing- i have an orthepedic matress- but a cheap one- and find it doesn't give my back enough support. I would spend more money on the matress than the bed.

iron bed frames are always cool....:p
    The only thing with IKEA ones is that they are European standard sizes not UK.

I'd go to a decent department store and test a few beds out. Then you can get something that you actually know will serve you well.
    Save money on the bed frame and splash out on the mattress. A good mattress can make the world of difference on how you sleep.

:yes: When I got my double bed I tried out loads of mattress and only found a couple there where hard enough (I cant stand soft mattresses) for my back.
    Mist wrote: »
    The only thing with IKEA ones is that they are European standard sizes not UK.

I'd go to a decent department store and test a few beds out. Then you can get something that you actually know will serve you well.
    thanks for letting me know that!

does that make it difficult to find sheets that fit?
    thanks for letting me know that!

does that make it difficult to find sheets that fit?

Yep.

Standard fitted sheets don't really go onto Ikea mattresses, Ikea and Tchibo ones fit beautifully though.