Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i'm actually....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
shitting myself (excuse teh language)

as some of you may know, i was nearly set up with someone when i liked someone else! well heres an update:

Me and (lets call her cindy, idk y) cindy are meeting up tomorrow with a few of her mates, and we've meet a couple of times and i really like her, we've also talked loads on msn and i've asked to go bowling sometime but we're still meeting up tomorrow

The reason i'm bricking it is because i'm really nervous seen as every girl i've been out with has turned out to be a complete bitch or on our first date i've kinda fucked it up
Also i'm really not sure whether her friends will like m

any advice on people?

PS. I LOVE U ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE:heart:

EDIT:
also we go to diffrent schools, shes in year 10 and i'm in year 11 just about to finish my GCSEs (FINAILY) and i'm not really sure how it will work when i'm in college!

Comments

• Options
    First off all, don't waste a thought on "how it will be in college" and bollocks. Focus on your date, play it cool, be yourself. I think you learned from your past mistakes. Nothing really I can advice here. This is not a class. Dates are learning by doing not learning by imitating. Give it your best shot.

good luck.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey curly_boy,
    How exciting! :hyper:

I'm not sure that first date jitters every go away regardless of age and experience, so try not to see them as a sign that things aren't likely to go well. Strubbles makes a really good point - you do have experience of this now, so as he says, you probably have learned from past mistakes and are in a great position to make the most of this opportunity.

My only real tip is to take a real interest in this girl asking her questions about stuff that she seems keen to talk about - obviously asking intrusive questions may be a turn-off, but showing that you really care about what she has to say can be a massively attractive trait.

Finally, take a look at this askTheSite Q&A about first date fears, the question was asked by a girl, but I think the advice is relevant for either gender.

Another good luck from me - and enjoy! :)
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »

EDIT:
    also we go to diffrent schools, shes in year 10 and i'm in year 11 just about to finish my GCSEs (FINAILY) and i'm not really sure how it will work when i'm in college!

I don't see why that would be any different to you being at different schools? College = School, effectively...
  • Options
    Yeah, like Strubble says just give it your best shot.

Don't worry about "what if's" just yet, if there's something there then things like distance and stuff sometimes takes care of itself y'know?
  • Options
    Hi!!
    lucky you going on a date hey hey!!
    i think you will always have that feeling of excitment/ and oh no what will i say ... i think you just need to be yourself and dont be fake as its not a nice way to start of a date:)
    you dont need to worry about the your at college and shes at school issue yet.. take it step by step.
    goodluck
    hope it goes well for you
  • Options
    sweet_gal wrote: »
    Hi!!
    lucky you going on a date hey hey!!

well it was good but it wasn't really a date :(

the worst thing was that we were at her house for abit (just me and her) and i really wanted to tell her that i think she was pretty and all the rest but i didn't want to sound werid,

just as i plucked up the coruage to tell her and dad (whoes bloody beefy) comes in and sits down so there goes my planning
    But the main thing was that i enjoyed it and i think she likes me
    so maybe next time