Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Whats Ur Job ?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Arcade attendant on a holiday park. What this essentially means is fixing machines when they go wrong, keeping machines filled up with prizes, and most other things that need doing.
    I'm an editor. In theory I enjoy it cause I'm massively pedantic about spelling and grammar, and like re-writing shit things to sound good, but in reality I hate it because in my particular company I'm massively underworked and underchallenged and quite honestly the boredom is beginning to make my brain rot :grump:
    I work as a business development manager/ international programmes manager for a charity which works in overseas development, which basically means i design and manage projects overseas with local organisations.

I chose to do my job becuase when i was 14 i went to the Internatinal Conference of Women Engineers - where i saw a lecture from a civil engineer who had been working on development projects in Pakistan and i decided it was what i wanted to do - well work in international development i'm not that much of an engineer.

I also fit the classic model of someone who works in my job as eldest daughter of parents who worked in large multi national companies and who lived abroad when they were younger/ got to travel lots as a child.
    curly_boy wrote: »
    i am ashamed to say that i work as mcdonalds
    but i'm a student (not uni) and it gets me money soooo

Nothing wrong with that mate. It's an honest job.
    I'm in medicine, I'll be qualified in 2 years :nervous: I chose it for exactly the same reasons that xsazx stated, but the reality of it is very different, and I'm considering my options after qualification. I'd love to work as a doctor for a few years, then maybe branch out into something else.
    Im a senior nursery nurse, chose to do it cos I love working with children and its so rewarding. Also do a bit of avon aswell!
    i work as a glorified customer service agent for the relatively unknown/forgotten part of a cable ISP (if you can't guess which one then tough :p)

before that was on the tech support desk at same place

kind of fell into the job after getting made redundant from Carcrap
    g_angel wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with that mate. It's an honest job.

yeah i no
    just most people don't really want think about what their eating there and alot of people disagree with it cos of polices (however u spell it) (eg destroying the rain forest)
    You shouldn't care what others may or may not think of your occupation. Personally, I'd be more than happy to work for one of the large tobacco conglomerates if they paid me a decent salary. Many would find such a view reprehensible - I suggest they are not being realistic.
    I just started a new job as a science technician in a school...after spending the year getting experience as a teacher i discovered what i actually wanted to do was support pupils and staff, rather than teaching, and really loved helping the technicians in the schools i worked in...
    I'm working as a healthcare administrator for the prison service, provided by the NHS. It's very interesting but very stressful. I chose it because there aren't many vacancies for writers or actresses :no:
    I now work part time at sainsburys on the food to go counter...so I basically cook chickens all day :(
    Currently working as a care worker at the hospital, I done it because it's an area that I find quite interesting but I prefer to work with adults that have learning difficulties, that's more interesting and find it slightly more rewarding.... and I don't get poo, sick and wee on me as much! Going to go over to work with people with mental health problems in the psych unit in the coming months after training, should be quite interesting if a little scary from what I hear!

The company is quite flexible and everyone has a different story to tell, also keeps the wolf from the door. It's a nice job overall.