Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Where to go?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
hey all,

Me and my gf are hoping to go away (End of june/July time) for a week. Now, she has left it up to me to find somewhere for us to go. All she has asked is that it is hot and abroad. Looked at some places but those deals have run out.

Any ideas from people who have gone away?

THANKS!!!:hyper:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Barcalona seems to be the favourite European getaway for couples at the moment.
    Venice, a Greek island or Cyprus could be nice aswell if you're looking for somewhere hot, not too expensive and perfect for a romantic holiday. If you're willing to pay more money, there's the Carribean...
  • Options
    Lucasinio wrote: »
    hey all,

Me and my gf are hoping to go away (End of june/July time) for a week. Now, she has left it up to me to find somewhere for us to go. All she has asked is that it is hot and abroad. Looked at some places but those deals have run out.

Any ideas from people who have gone away?

THANKS!!!:hyper:

Playa den Bossa.
  • Options
    Alright mate, totally depends what you're after.

Do you want hardcore clubbing, or nice, relaxing area with a few bars/restaurants or a happy medium of restaurants, lots of bars and the odd club?

I've never been in to the hardcore clubbing, so can't advise on that front.

Nice relaxing area i would suggest a place such as polichrono in halkidiki - gorgeous bars and a nice front, but quite sparse bar wise (although not sure what it's like after the fires) or Cala D'or in Majorca - loads of nice restaurants, gorgeous beaches and a few bars including the tropical gardens - well worth a visit!

For a happy medium of bars, restaurants but still a nice area, i'd suggest Costa Adeje in Tenerife - gorgeous beaches and loads of nice restaurants and bars - clubs too if you want.

Hope this helps mate!
  • Options
    If you want somewhere quiet but with a good amount of bars Alcudia in Majorca is lovely. The beach is the longest on the island. We stayed at the port end and it was lovely.
  • Options
    Malta would be very nice at that time of year, and not very expensive either.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies guys! Did book a holiday in one of the greek islands (cant remeber the name now) but they then got back in contact and the hotel was sold out. Bit of a shame, and as there were no other hotels available im having to have another look!

@ Lea: Wanted to not go there as im holidaying there from this weekend! Thanks anyway :)
  • Options
    Greece is definitely the way forward I think, Cyprus is nice too. You might already have looked but Olympic holidays and Kosmar tend to do cheaper deals to Greece than some of the other big tour operators so if you're on a budget it might be worth checking them out.

Have a great time, I'm jealous!
  • Options
    I second Budda, Malta is very nice. There are different areas depending on what you like - Mellieha in the north has great beaches and a chilled out atmosphere, whereas St Julians has all the clubs etc. Lots of history in Valletta if you're into that. And the island is quite small so it doesn't take long to travel from one end to the other!