Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

whats after uni..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I unofficially finished uni today :yippe: still got to have a one on one with the moderator and to stand around for a day while people come and look at my work , but thats it! YAY! :)

now the big question is - WHAT NEXT?!! :crazyeyes

I think for me im going to go back to the good ol isle of man, get a job as my dads secretary as his accountancy firm over the summer, and then come august/september ill probably up and move to london :thumb: THEN think about what im going to do job wise once i get there!!

soo the question iis..

to all those on here who have finished/are finishing uni round about now - what are ur plans?! going straight into a job? travelling? or maybe even just bumming round for a while? :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh god, I'm going to be a ..... <drum roll> graduate!! :nervous:

I'm trying to find a summer job at the mo, then hopefully will head home for a bit, get a job, earn some money, help my parents move house, mourn the loss of my childhood home, and then go travelling!!!

I'm going to travel my little socks off.... until I work out what to do next cos I have no idea :blush:

That's the plan at the mo, we'll see what happens.
    I graduated last year. I started working straight away on a FT fixed contract at the uni (I used to work PT there when I was studying). Finished that, started a temp agency job to bring in the £££ whilst I applyed for the graduate scheme I wanted to do. Got place on graduate scheme, still temping at the same job until I get my start date through, then starting that.

I can't afford to travel and haven't really got the inclination to either, same for bumming around :p
    What happens after uni? You work full time for 50 years then you get stuffed in a dirty old peoples home for the unwanted.

Your best years are already behind you and you have no idea.
    budda wrote: »
    What happens after uni? You work full time for 50 years then you get stuffed in a dirty old peoples home for the unwanted.

Your best years are already behind you and you have no idea.

:yes: its fucking bollocks
    kangoo wrote: »
    :yes: its fucking bollocks

If I'd realised just how fantastic life at uni was I'd enjoyed it even more than I did. Its a stupidly great opportunity before you enter the world of full time work.