Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Travelodge - can i auction my room that i cant go to on eBay??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well i have a little problem i booked a travelodge room in january hoping to go and now i can not make that day due to something thats come up. i went on the website and i can not amend it as you must amend in 21 days in advace (if only i knew about this emergency in 21 days in advance)

i was wondering is it ok for me to auction it on ebay, as i dont feel like giving it away to my friends etc.. its booked under my name.. and i have seen rooms being sold on ebay for travelodge:chin:

oh and incase your wondering i cant get a refund as it was a summer saver room and i did know about this:blush:

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    How can you sell it if you cant amend it to someone elses name?
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    How can you sell it if you cant amend it to someone elses name?

thats what i want to know as i have seen a lot of people sell their travellodge room on ebay..
    i wanted to amend the date and it doesnt even let me do that
  • Options
    I assume you mean one of those cheaper in advance rooms, cause someone from my work cancelled their room they had booked for the other week, on the same morning i think.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    I assume you mean one of those cheaper in advance rooms, cause someone from my work cancelled their room they had booked for the other week, on the same morning i think.

It depends what deal you get. The cheaper deals are much less flexible.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    It depends what deal you get. The cheaper deals are much less flexible.

yup thats true.. their way of making money when someone cant turn up i guess
  • Options
    sweet_gal wrote: »
    yup thats true.. their way of making money when someone cant turn up i guess

Yeah. Actually last year I had to stay in a travelodge for a couple of nights and they had spaces left (as I booked well in advanced) but they'd not got any cheap deals left, maybe because it was the August bank holiday weekend. I would have happily had less flexiblity and paid a cheaper price as I knew my plans almost certainly wouldn't change.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I would say you could just let them book in under your name, but as far as I am aware they like to see your card that you booked it on, so unless you want to give them that its a bit of a no go.

Your best bet is just to call them and see what they say, they will know the ins and outs of it better than us :)
  • Options
    i think i would rather cancel and not get a refund than give my card to some random person i dont know.
    im more gutted about not being able to go than not getting a refund as i hardly get to see my bf now that unis finished and we're working etc :(
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Is it just a case that you are working that you cant go? Surely you can just take the day off?

Thats what holidays are for :)
  • Options
    You need to provide the card you made the booking on when you check in, and you can't change the name so I doubt you'd be able to auction it. Probably comes under the T&Cs anyway.
  • Options
    i did have the day of work but now i have to attend to something more important than this (well same level) i suppose ill get over it and have started to look at holidays so yay
    haha ive had so many holidays from work.. even when im not meant to with a little flattering the manager :$ (this 1 is so forgetfull i think im more of a manager then she is)
  • Options
    Last time (Dec 07) I stayed in a Travelodge they didn't ask for any ID ever. I'd booked and paid for it online,. Just told them my name when I walked in, my bf said "I'm with...." when he walked in a few hours later, and we just handed the key over the desk as we walked out the following morning and nothing more was said other than "hello, thankyou and goodbye". I suppose it would be different if we'd had paid-for tv or breakfast etc..
  • Options
    Crystal - i havent ever stayed at a travel lodge but i have only been asked to provide id once and that was at an ibis hotel and all the rest of the times never have had to show id..
    nevermind as i have cancelled my room now thanks all for sharing views much appriciated :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    sweet_gal wrote: »
    Crystal - i havent ever stayed at a travel lodge...

Ask this couple

http://www.granthamjournal.co.uk/features/39We39ve-lived-in-the-Grantham.3191404.jp