Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Beckham made England captain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So Beckham has been handed the captains armband again...

What do people think about this?

Personally i still think he has alot to offer the England side, not just as a sub either.

He is still the greatest crosser of the ball in the world (IMO), his free kicks are fantastic and can create an opportunity for the team in an instant which is crucial since it doesn't matter if we are getting dominating, all we need is a free kick around the area and we have a real opportunity.

Obviously he has his limits, his pace has been going for the past few years, but through his hardwork his stamina is still reasonable and his passion and dedication are unquestionable.

I also think he's the perfect captain figure, he commands respect from the fellow players and leads by example.

So overall i think he still deserves his place in the team, and still deserves to be England captain.

However (while i dont think we need to call a time limit on it) we should be looking forward, and not intending to build another team around Beckham and making him the first name on the team sheet again, which i guess is what you do with a captain.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    As a captain, he's brilliant. Unfortunately, I think he just scrapes into the team as it is, and I think there are better alternatives currently on the right. So given his age, and the league he's currently playing in, this is only going to get more true as time goes on. He'll always do a job for England, and he'll always give 100%, but I think there are better players to be going into the next world cup with.
  • Options
    i think capello is just giving him a good sending off, barring numerous injuries there's no way he's gonna be in the next world cup squad let alone captain.