Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Need advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »

A little more info please???
  • Options
    friend's ex who she split up with a few weeks ago has commited suicide, ive said im here for her etc. but don't know the best way to be a supportive friend. we got back quite a way i guess.
  • Options
    Make her a cup of tea and give her a hug - don't avoid her
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Make her a cup of tea and give her a hug - don't avoid her

:yes: just being there is supportive. She'll decide how much she wants to lean on you and in what way. But you just being there will help I think.
  • Options
    If your friend doesn't want you to help her (not sayin that she doesn't want your help) then don't keep forcing the issue.

Also, if she does get really clingy, don't ignore her. My friend did this to me and it caused a problem for me. :(
  • Options
    Bloody hell. That must be awful. Was it because of the breakup?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Bloody hell. That must be awful. Was it because of the breakup?

Possibly but not directly, they split up because his depression was too much (they weren't going out for extremely long, about a month or two, but seemed pretty happy last time I saw them). Then a few weeks later, she gets a call from one of her friends letting her know.
  • Options
    One of my mum's closest friends commited suicide a while back, and I found the thing that seemed to help her the most was just to be there, listen to her talk, don't try and give too much advice really, just be a physical presence.