Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Money Saving Tips

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep and not 14p kidney beans and 20p chopped tomatoes. They are cheap cheap
    Dinted wrote: »
    If you shop at asda....

If you see any money off vouchers in magazines etc, save them and when you come to pay hand them over and they will take the amount off your total bill regardless of whether you have bought the thing the coupon was for or not.

They don't advertise this one much, but i do it all the time!

just a point though, they will only take up to 10% worth of your bill of coupons if you havent got the actual product. for example if you spent £10 and tried to pay the whole thing is money off vouchers for stuff you havent bought, they'll only take £1's worth. :)
    phoenix24 wrote: »
    dont carry your debit card with you; leave it at home, it helps to avoid making impulse purchases. if you know you NEED something, then its no problem to go back and get the card, because you'll still need it when you get back

or you could just get some self discipline!!

Can't understand people that have a credit or debit card and MUST buy all they see!!
    budda wrote: »
    Its absolutely nothing like stealing.

Surely your stealing from the suppliers though - because at the end of the day they have to foot the bill and your just putting more profit into the hands of walmart
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Surely your stealing from the suppliers though - because at the end of the day they have to foot the bill and your just putting more profit into the hands of walmart

No, because Asda will sell the product which has the coupon, just to someone else. Asda cant ask for a refund from the supplier unless they have actually sold the item.

For example I go in and hand over a coupon for a £1 off toilet duck, but I dont buy the toilet duck.

Asda put the coupon to one side.

Mary goes into the store and buys toilet duck, Asda now have sold the item and can get their refund from the supplier.

It makes no odds who buys the product and who gives in the coupon as long as there isnt more coupons than there are buyers.

See?
    Call me slightly unmoral but wehy do you care about a £1 loss from a company who have a turnover in the millions?
    kate- wrote: »
    Call me slightly unmoral but wehy do you care about a £1 loss from a company who have a turnover in the millions?

I wasnt going to get onto the morality of supermarkets, its one of those issues which will end up making me very angry.
    ButtonMoon wrote: »
    Since then I have become a bit of a frantic member of the MSE website.

I agree. The Money Saving Expert at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/?utm_source=jantip&utm_medium=email is great.

There are some fantastic tips and deals sent out in his weekly e-mails. The guy that does this, also appears on TV with his own show from time to time.
    If you are going out for the day take some refreshments like a cereal bar, some dried fruit and some water. It's much cheaper than deciding you are a bit hungry and popping into Starbucks for a quick snack.

Buy some 'ready-to-go' breakfasts, like cereal bars and bananas or other fruits and individually packed bread snacks. It's good for when you are running around trying to get somewhere on time and don't have much time for breakfast and then again you are much less likely to grab something more expensive on route or mid-morning that you wouldn't have done if you hadn't skipped breakfast.

Get depression and stop going out - it saves me loads these days :yes:
    Teagan wrote: »
    I agree. The Money Saving Expert at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/?utm_source=jantip&utm_medium=email is great.

There are some fantastic tips and deals sent out in his weekly e-mails. The guy that does this, also appears on TV with his own show from time to time.

Just signed up! Love that site but always forget to go on. I have the book too! My dad got it for me for xmas :D
    Randomgirl wrote: »

individually packed bread snacks.

What are these? They sound like a useful standby