Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Wilkinson razors - animal testing?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know if Wilkinson Swords (the guys who make the quattro razors etc) test their products on animals?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I assume you mean shaving foams and aftershave, etc - I imagine razors they'd just have blokes testing...
    Not since 2005 they don't mate, Pooley Swords tooks over their designs and shifted production to India
    I don't know but if you look on the packet it sometimes says.
    They're owned by the Energizer battery company, who AFAIK don't test on animals (except that bunny). But they were bought from Pfizer Inc. who do. Though it's worth baring in mind that Pfizer are a pharmacutrical company, so a company that makes shaving products won't have necessarily had their products tested on animals just because the parent company does it on drugs. It's being banned in the EU in March next year anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if a UK-based company has already phased it out over the past few years, because they've had 5 years to get it sorted. That's if they tested on animals in the first place.
    Does anyone know if Wilkinson Swords (the guys who make the quattro razors etc) test their products on animals?

lol, shaving the sheep.

I don't know, but it's a razorr......
    They don't just make razors, they do deoderants and shaving foams too.
    Last I heard one of their parent companies is also part owned by Gillette too.