Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Curry recipes!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
With food and petrol prices cleaning me out the weekly takeaway is having to be sacrificed :(

BUT! I shall still have my weekly Friday night curry. Except I'll be making it myself

Sooooooo has anyone got any good recipes? I've used the pastes before (usually korma) and added coconut milk but it never seems to be anything special. I adore the thick sauces from takeaways and mine always seem to be a bit on the thin side :(

Anyone care to shed some light on this with their spectacular Indian recipes? I'm veggie but I don't mind adapting meat recipes so bung em all up!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ooh, good question! I usually just chuck a jar of sauce over quorn or chick peas and vegetable but I'd much prefer to make it myself. I've got Kermit's recipe for curry (it's somewhere on here too) but is there any way just to make a sauce on it's own that I can use over stuff rather than making the whole thing as one? So a recipe for tikka masala sauce, or korma or passanda or something.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I'm at work at the moment but I will post later how to achieve results similar to BIR's.

It takes quite a bit of prep and time.
    Weekender Offender 
    Great, thanks skive.
    Ooh, good question! I usually just chuck a jar of sauce over quorn or chick peas and vegetable but I'd much prefer to make it myself. I've got Kermit's recipe for curry (it's somewhere on here too) but is there any way just to make a sauce on it's own that I can use over stuff rather than making the whole thing as one? So a recipe for tikka masala sauce, or korma or passanda or something.

Thats EXACTLY what I want!

Looking forward to Skives recipe :thumb: Whats BIR though?
    British Indian Restaurant was about all I could think of! dunno if it's right though :p
    Yeah I was thinking British Indian something...
    http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Food-and-Drink/Question36261.html

Here's a recipe for masala sauce I found...no idea what it's like but sounds pretty tasty.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    British Indian Restaurant was about all I could think of! dunno if it's right though :p

Loads of good recipes here. Yuou need to spend time finding a base recipe you like before even starting making a curry.
    http://cr0.co.uk/curry/index.php?PHPSESSID=38fe02ab5880d630372b6febe89d47d4&
    Weekender Offender