Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Health supplements

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just ordered some supplements online and was wondering if anyone else takes them and what you think of them?

I didn't order multivitamins because they recently got bad press that suggested they may not do you any good and I thought I should just eat more fruit and veg. But I did order omega 3 and st johns wort (for pmt and occasional comedown). I got soem glucosamine for my dog too because he's getting old and achey.

I bought some milk thistle too the other week but I have no idea if I should be taking them daily or just when I'm going out partying?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I take echenecia. I love it. I usually spend all winter sick as sin with the constant cold/sinuses/general shit feeling. It has worked amazing so far. Best winter ever. I've also taken raspberry leaf for heavy periods and that was a miracle in itself, it was like I was back on the 3 day period pill! That was only temporarily for a week though. I don't take anything else. My dad uses olive leaf and swears by that.
    I take a multivitamin/mineral especially for pregnancy/lactation and a vitamin c and zinc supplement. Two pregnancies in a row really took it out of me and i kept getting ill and felt like shit in general, so my health visitor said i really should be taking a multivitamin.
    I also take a flaxseed supplement, I have a superfoods supplement too which is a powdered form of all these weird superfoods, and i mix half a teaspoon with smoothie. It tastes a bit weird but I do feel a lot less run down in general since ive been taking those things.
    The only other things are echinacea and probiotics if im actually getting ill - i dont take them all the time as apparently echinacea is not as effective if you do. I save those for when i feel a cold coming on.
    I also take fenugreek occasionally as its fab for boosting milk supply
    lipsy wrote: »
    st johns wort (for pmt and occasional comedown)

Don't know if you're on the pill or not, but if you are, is worth bearing in mind that st. john's wort can make it less effective :)
    Olive wrote: »
    Don't know if you're on the pill or not, but if you are, is worth bearing in mind that st. john's wort can make it less effective :)

:yes: also it can interfere with other presscription meds so best check with your doctor if this applies and you are thinking of taking this.
    lipsy wrote: »
    I did order omega 3

Which Omega 3?

Fish Body Oil is supposed to be better then something like Flax Seed Oil