Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Got an internship

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Had the interview yesterday, got the offer today! Victory!

Nothing special, more like a job on campus, except in training at the university at the same time for helping with their 'enterprise' department, so duties will start with tea making and such, but obviously go up to organising things and we're encouraged to do our own thing! He was very impressed with my suggestion to set up craft sessions because obviously its a big interest with a lot of students but it would be nice if we could set up somewhere a few times a week to come and chat and spread ideas, maybe even set up a craft fair on campus with student made stuff. So I may get the opportunity to run with that :cool:

I'm pretty chuffed if you couldn't tell. At least I'm bearable on here, one of my academic friends is very good at doing well in exams and formal education and lording it over us happily (literally says she's cleverer than us :impissed:) but can't get a job to save her life (no work ethic), so for me to get something that's arguably a step up from a mcjob when she can't even get a mcjob... Ooh she's not going to hear the end of it :D

Ever!

*victory dance*
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    go on, rub it in her face, you know you're dying to. lol
  • Options
    Monosyllable MSN replies are making me happy :)

"heh" "cool" etc...

Then she tried to turn the attention on her saying it was her birthday, but still, THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN HER BIRTHDAY!!!!111!!11 :birthday:
  • Options
    mwah ha ha ha. what's the pay like?
  • Options
    oo nice one :thumb:
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    mwah ha ha ha. what's the pay like?

Nothing special £6.50 p/h but it's mainly something to do whilst I'm at uni next year (its 100% flexible around lectures :))
  • Options
    that's cool, some is better than none, and flexi hours is the greatest.
  • Options
    congrats!

but you still have to come to the meet :p