Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lost

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Man this season is kicking so much ass. I don't want it to end, does anybody know when the next season begins?
    Shogun wrote: »
    Cannot wait for the finale..i wonder what bens plan is.

Is the next one the finale then?? Isn't there normally 20 something episodes per season?
    JamesZero wrote: »
    Is the next one the finale then?? Isn't there normally 20 something episodes per season?

To my understanding there's less episodes per season now. Not sure of the reasoning.
    I am so lost in this programme :( I used to love it but I don't get home till after 9.30 usually so I always miss it :(

Where can I d/l the eps of season 4? Just off limewire or something?
    ^^^^^^^^^

www.sidereel.com

www.tvcorn.com

Yea it's the finale next monday, think it's on in american on thursday?
    ta mate :D
    great finale.
    I agree! Fantastic finale ...
    I was watching it in the US, and it was severely interrupted by tornado warnings!

I think at one point they actually said "we're getting lots of emails here about interrupting Lost, but we think this is more important"

Roll on season 5!
    It was AWESOME! So much stuff to ask, so much more to find out, so many characters to find out about other then the Oceanic 6... Roll on season 5, i want it now, i want it as much as i want the next 3 harry potter films!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    January damn it. Can't they do it Sep/Oct like everyone else?
    Just watched the finale as i was out on sunday and oh my god it was excellent.

It's left so many things un answered and i can't believe i have to wait til Jan to see the next season. Is that right??? :(
    My guess is, we havnt been watching flash forwards, most of the scenes on the island were the flash backs ;)
    MrG wrote: »
    My guess is, we havnt been watching flash forwards, most of the scenes on the island were the flash backs ;)

They have to be flash forwards we saw
    To be fair, does it matter?

The only time it would matter would be if the flash forwards or backwards were unreliable (which would be a fucking great twist)

If they are reliable then regardless of them being flash forwards or back they are going to meet in the middle

I imagine the next season will start off right from where the finale (which was great imho) left off and then we'll probably see flashbacks to the 'bad things' that happened on the island combined with the efforts of Jack and the rest to return to the Island.

Would actually be quite a nice way to break the episodes up next season with the two parrell plot lines advancing and the closer we get to the return the more horrific things look for the people there.

Bet we don't see Locke off the island until at least the last 2 or 3 episodes.

In fact - just for the fun of predicting what might happen - I bet the penultimate epsiode of the next season is Locke getting off the island with flashbacks to reveal some of his actions whilst being in charge

Then the final episode is the 6 returning to the Island with flashes back to their meetings with 'Jeremy Benthal'
    Jim V wrote: »

Then the final episode is the 6 returning to the Island with flashes back to their meetings with 'Jeremy Benthal'

It's Jeremy Bentham isn't - who like John Locke was a philosopher. I'm not sure his name is a co-incidence
    Very true - my mistake :p

We know it's not going to be a casual choice so I wonder what's intended?

A very wikipediaesque view of the two philosopies would be -

Locke (bit harder to find a simple quote to cover the bredth of his views but...)

'Unlike Thomas Hobbes, Locke believed that human nature is characterized by reason and tolerance. Like Hobbes, Locke believed that human nature allowed men to be selfish. This is apparent with the introduction of currency. In a natural state all people were equal and independent, and none had a right to harm another's 'life, health, liberty, or possessions.' However, Locke never refers to Hobbes by name and may instead have been responding to other writers of the day. Locke also advocated governmental separation of powers and believed that revolution is not only a right but an obligation in some circumstances. These ideas would come to have profound influence on the Constitution of the United States and its Declaration of Independence.'

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Locke#Political_theory

Bentham

'Jeremy Bentham figured that laws should be socially useful and not merely reflect the status quo; and, that while he believed that men inevitably pursue pleasure and avoid pain, Bentham thought it to be a "sacred truth" that "the greatest happiness of the greatest number is the foundation of morals and legislation." Bentham supposed that the whole of morality could be derived from "enlightened self-interest," and that a person who always acted with a view to his own maximum satisfaction in the long run would always act rightly.'

from - http://www.blupete.com/Literature/Biographies/Philosophy/Bentham.htm

Now is it just me or does the change from Locke to Bentham pretty clearly imply just what Locke may be like as a leader of 'the others' and the problems he might have caused?
    How many of the Lost cast does it take to change a lightbulb?

1, but it will take 20 episodes.
    Is that bollocks still running? Jesus...
  • Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Jim V wrote: »
    Now is it just me or does the change from Locke to Bentham pretty clearly imply just what Locke may be like as a leader of 'the others' and the problems he might have caused?

Fascinating isn't it!

I thought the series finale was great. Was also very happy for Desmond amongst it all!! :)

Was also very happy for Desmond amongst it all!! :)

Ah i know he finally got to see his girl :)
    I have to say I wasn't that impressed with the finale. I agree it was a great moment when Des and Penny got back together though :)

I really, really hope Locke stops being such a pussy and starts finding his own way. He was getting to be quite cool until he began relying on Ben's every word for what to do. He also believed all of Ben's manipulations, which I find unrealistic based on the insightful man Locke had become up until now. They dumbed him down in my opinion.

I am impressed with Sun and Sayed, as they're now ultimate badasses! And I hope we get to see Des off the island kicking some ass.