Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Passport details

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I tried to look this up but didn't get anywhere.

The address on my passport is different to the current address I'm living at. I'm planning to book a holiday at some point soon and thought it should be updated anyway.

I went to there website and you can only "change" your passport details if it something to do with your name...

My current passport is only about 3 years into its 10 year period, so does all this mean I have to apply for a completely new passport and amend my details then?

Seems silly having to pay out for a new one when I have 7 years left!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have never noticed where the address is on a passport - however my passport is registered to my parents house and i travel all the time and always put my current address in and its never been a problem - noone has ever questioned that the addresses are not the same - even the mean and evil US border security.

Though i really can't think for the life of me where the addres is - if there is one.
    erm... do you know what I haven't even looked at it... I just assumed! :lol:

This could be a really stupid question then! I will check when I get in tonight.
    Dont you just write your address on your passport yourself anyway? You did on mine when I got it all those years ago.
    yeah you still hand write your address in, mine is 2 addresses ago, not bothered to change it to be honest. as long as the sealed part is correct you'll be fine
    yeah I was just being an idiot... its not on there :blush:
    JamesZero wrote: »
    yeah I was just being an idiot... its not on there :blush:

People like you shouldn't be allowed out the country ;)

:D
    Calvin wrote: »
    People like you shouldn't be allowed out the country ;)

I know mate! Tell me about it.