Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

stolen wallet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got mugged on the way home late friday night...phone wallet keys etc etc....

a policeman took me to the hospital, where is stayed for most of saturday.
I've cancelled my bank cards and stuff, but i have a question about my drivers licence.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/NeedANewOrUpdatedLicence/DG_4022085
This is the site that tells me what to do about a lost licence.

My licence has had the same address since i passed 5 years ago. Since then i have moved 100 miles away to uni, finished uni, and moved house 6 times within this new city. (my parents still live at the address on my card).

I've checked into the legalisties of this, and although its an offence to have a different address on your card to your own house, i've never actually had a car here, and only drive when i visit my parents, in their car.

I'm due to move house again (still in this city) in 2 months, but now my drivers licence has been stolen, will i have problems getting a replacement?

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear that you were mugged, And no i dont think it's a big problem having your parents address on your licence, Infact it's probably a good idea until you move somewhere more permenant!
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Sorry to hear you were mugged :(

I always had my parents address on my license, until when we crashed and I had to produce mine I did get a mini telling off coz it wasnt registered to the same place as my insurance.

I wouldnt think it was a massive problem - just re-register it to your parents and then change it when you are settled. :)
  • Options
    thanks.
    i was thinking the same, but i just wanted assurances....

i'm having tomorrow off aswell, so ill sort something out then.
  • Options
    if your parents house is a legal address for you then no its not a problem.
    hope your okay. :)