Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Can I be evicted for being messy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, I leave clutter all over the house, I admit that quite readily. However when it comes to like... food waste... washing up that kind of thing I always do my bit. Clean the loos etc.

One of my other flatmates is messy as fuck, has no respect for other people's stuff, never washes up blah blah blah the usual.

So the landlord has just been around and had a go at me and said I'm the worst offender apparently. I've got till next week to tidy up and he's going to come and check up.

To be quite fair other flatmate never lifts a finger and I told my landlord as much and he said he will speak to him but I hate having to clean up after other people.

Can I be evicted for being messy?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    check your contract but, does your landlord even need a reason to evict you?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fair point. Though having said that, he said that one flatmate is thinking about moving out because of it (we chatted later and said that it wasn't because of me) and how hard it would find someone to replace him. So I'm assuming that would mean he wouldn't replace me.

Plus I've been thinking about moving out recently but I haven't got the capital for the deposit/first months rent malarky straight away... bah