Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cost of Journey

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Please can someone help..

I need to work out how much it will cost to drive 320 miles in a 1.4 petrol X-reg Renault Clio.

How do I do it? :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    all depends on petrol consumption, which can come down to stuff such as weight of the car, how well it has been looked after, having the windows open even play a part.

its a pretty impossible task to do!

but at a guess i recon it'd cost about £50 - 60

probably cost that about me, but i have 6th gear for cruising which saves petrol. i love my 6th gear.
    i would expect a lot lower then that, my car costs around £70 to fill up and that will do me about 400 miles, mine is a 2.2 Vtec, so a 1.4 should be a hell of a lot cheaper i would expect.
    I don't know when they changed the trip computer things on the clio....

Does yours have the thing on the dashboard that tells you the mileage, trip distance, mpg etc? If it does then you can work it out from the miles per gallon.

If it doesn't then another option is to fill the tank, reset the trip and then refill the tank sometime later. You get the volume of petrol from the petrol pump and the distance from the trip meter, then get yourself a miles/litre and multiply up to get litres.

As a rough guide for you, my 1.2 petrol Clio does 45 mpg on motorway journeys, 38 mpg round town with me driving and 32mpg round town with my brother driving.

Depending on what you need to know for, you should also factor in a figure for general upkeep.