Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

It cost £50 to....

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sikorah wrote: »
    i only made a comment about the extortionate rate of fuel.
    I didnt ask for opinions on my choice of car or the way i drive it and i am fully aware that it costs more to run than a smaller engine car. Therefore i do not need patronising by those that think they fucking know it all.

Haway pet, get over yourself.

If you don't like the cost of driving your gas-guzzling car then drive something a bit more economic, or drive it more economically, instead of blaming the world for it all.

It isn't patronising to point out you knew how much it cost when you bought the damn thing and that means you lose all rights to complain. It's the same with people who buy huge expensive houses and then whinge about how much their mortgage is: you makes your choice and you pays your money.
    rachie004 wrote:
    Why should I have to pay a fortune to use the motorway, when using them to drive to work is the only way for me to get there?

Why should my income tax go on subsidising your travel costs, and your employer's travel costs, when you are more than capable of paying for it yourself?

Road users, namely HGV and car drivers, should pay the full costs of the upkeep of the roads. If that's expensive it might make people think twice before they use the car.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Think your comment is extremely rude if it's aimed at me, I was making a comment as other people were discussing petrol tax. It's a public discussion forum. Jesus christ.

If you don't want people to reply with their thoughts go write in your diary.

Woah. I didnt say you couldnt have an opinion on the matter. Mines above. Calm down ffs.
    rachie004 wrote: »
    Why should I have to pay a fortune to use the motorway, when using them to drive to work is the only way for me to get there? Or am I supposed to use country lanes?

The last time I checked buses don't run at 4am and it wouldn't be safe for me to be using them either.

You make it sound like it's the government's fault.
    Why should my income tax go on subsidising your travel costs, and your employer's travel costs, when you are more than capable of paying for it yourself?

Road users, namely HGV and car drivers, should pay the full costs of the upkeep of the roads. If that's expensive it might make people think twice before they use the car.

My thoughts exactly.
    kate- wrote: »
    Woah. I didnt say you couldnt have an opinion on the matter. Mines above. Calm down ffs.

Was aimed at a post a few before yours, sorry :), claiming that a load of 'patronising fucking know it alls' had posted in the thread. Again sorry I didn't make it clearer, no bones with your post at all :)
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Was aimed at a post a few before yours, sorry :), claiming that a load of 'patronising fucking know it alls' had posted in the thread. Again sorry I didn't make it clearer, no bones with your post at all :)

okay :) sorry about that.
    lmao @ this thread!!

if my post was 'extremely rude' well.....i dont actually care. i never said anyone inparticular but if you feel it applies to you then.....im probably not far wrong.

ahh well, seen as though i pay enough to use the roads, i might as well have fun driving on them!
    Sikorah wrote: »
    ... fill my car with 43litres of petrol.:banghead: :banghead:

ridiculous.

It will last approx 10days, about 250miles.
    :chin:

This country really hacks me off sometimes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2008/05/08/cminsurance08.xml&page=1
    right and your point is what???

i knew it would be heavier on fuel. common sense tells you that.

but that still has nothing to do with the government ripping us off.
    Gawd the whole world don't revolve around you .. :D

That link had some useful links don't mean it's just for your benefit.
    DG wrote: »
    Gawd the whole world don't revolve around you .. :D

oh really? damn, and theres me thinking i was so important.
    I got a hole in the pipe right in front of the cat converter, I've gotten about 2mpg better since then... I think the fumes leaking into the cabin is well worth that, something to consider ;)
    By crikey, I just filled my car and it cost me 42 quid.

I'd only done 548 miles.

And the bloody road tax costs 15 quid EACH year.