Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How often do you drink

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I tend to drink a lot down the pub during the week nowadays, whereas a couple of years ago it'd be a big binge at the weekend.

It's usually 3/4 nights a week, maybe more at this time of years because there's a lot of big football games on and it's good to watch them in the pub.

I'm a bit less mental when I'm drunk these days and less prone to do stupid stuff, so I'm a bit less worried about watching how much I'm drinking on a night out.
    Maybe half a bottle of wine one evening at the weekend per week, but not always. Sometimes I go wild and hve a whole bottle but thats not so often.
    Pretty much only once a week now, on my usual saturday nights out. I'll have a bottle of wine to myself at my mates house then lot's of vodka, lime and soda waters out. God knows how many of them plus shots I have!

I used to go out and drink 3/4 times a week. I only drink when I'm out though, I couldn't sit in and drink :no:
    kangoo wrote: »
    Too much now, social drinking one day at the weekend (anything from a few drinks to getting plastered) and in the week most nights just to get me through to the weekend. tragic i know

Its not tragic now, but it certainly could be in the future.

If you need to drink during the week to get you to the weekend then its probably a good idea to review your drinking and try and cut down.
    Not very often now, I can barely drink anymore. Think someone was spiking my drink for quite a while (maybe every week) leading up to Christmas. Always knew my head was never straight enough the next day to blame alcohol alone.
    lol bit of paranoia there!

my drinks open to all angles, spike away :D
    depends on how much money i have and how much work is on...but usually 3 or 4 nights a week.....serious drinking though...i drink way to much when i go out....
    depends on how much money i have and how much work is on...but usually 3 or 4 nights a week.....serious drinking though...i drink way to much when i go out....

not enough........

still atit here..........

you gotta come yp hjer soon anfd have A GOOD TIME:yes:
    z- wrote: »
    lol bit of paranoia there!

my drinks open to all angles, spike away :D

When you have mates like mine, which you probably do, you'd understand.

I could go a whole year muching pills and never get spiked, but once I stop using the spiking starts :grump:
    Virus wrote: »
    When you have mates like mine, which you probably do, you'd understand.

I could go a whole year muching pills and never get spiked, but once I stop using the spiking starts :grump:

Along with your computer being constantly hacked even thoguh you've formatted your computer 5 times and changed all the passwords? hmm...
    Along with your computer being constantly hacked even thoguh you've formatted your computer 5 times and changed all the passwords? hmm...

Haha I'm determined to not use any of those accounts and let them be the way they are.

You probably don't even use drugs so get outta ere :p
    once or twice a month probably now.

Mad week last week though and drank everyday until I fell down some stairs :|
    Varies hugely--Sometimes every weekend, sometimes nothing for a long time.
    Shogun wrote: »
    not enough........

still atit here..........

you gotta come yp hjer soon anfd have A GOOD TIME:yes:

:lol:

TRUE GAV TRUE!
    It changes all the time for me. Sometimes I drink 3 or 4 times a week or sometimes I go a few months without any. I get drunk about 3 times a year and I don't drink at home.

I think I'll probably stay this way rather then going down the route of "I used to go out and get pissed when I was younger but I've grown out of it, can't handle it anymore". I work with a few people like that. Boring!
    Virus wrote: »
    Haha I'm determined to not use any of those accounts and let them be the way they are.

You probably don't even use drugs so get outta ere :p

Heh - perhaps it's the drugs that are causing paranoia...?
    Varies hugely--Sometimes every weekend, sometimes nothing for a long time.

Same here. Used to go out every weekend without fail, now i only go out if the gf is not working (which isnt often).

i dont drink at home, but if someone wants to go out, ill gladly join them!
    Not often. Maybe once a week/fortnight, but I only have a few. Never to get drunk (never been drunk).

I go out most fridays with some work mates and I'll have a drink then or maybe when I go and play some pool.

It's inconsistant, but not often
    About 5-6 times a week for me if I have the money. It's running out really fast now though so it's about 3 times a week at the minute.
    Usually once a week, sometimes less.
    I used to drink once or twice a week mainly on weekends but now days if I drink then it's with a meal because sometime ago I thought to myself "I really hate waking up on a Sunday morning with a furry mouth that tastes of fags and kebabs, urine that smells like Mangers, and feeling all greasy and tired". It would take me about two days to fully recover and I just cannot be arsed doing it on a regular basis. I still go out and have a laugh but when I do it's usually soft drinks for me..... saying that I did get pissed about a month ago :thumb: :yuck:
    Roughly about once every few months.
    I'd say twice a year, probably not even that.
    But that will change come next week :P
    really depends on whats going on
  • +Chimpy++Chimpy+ Deactivated Posts: 37 Boards Initiate
    Being interested in how much alcohol you drink and the impact of alcohol campaigns on TV, we recently hit the streets and got your opinion.

You can watch the video here:
    thesite.org/audioandvideo/video/drinkanddrugs
    I've been reading down the threads with some amusement because in my country of Greece there is no drinking age limit. But as long as people are civil with their drinking, nobody will object handing over a bottle of beer to a 12 year old. Except... very rarely do any young people drink alcohol. And apart from tourists who flock to my island Kalymnos and get plastered, you will not see any young people below age 18 staggering around. Because they hardly touch the stuff. True, when I was very young I got to sip some wine. It's lovely, especially the reds.

In Mediterranean countries such as mine, drinking is a social event but more family orientated when usually at weekends 3 generations can meet and there will be about 5 bottles of wine on the go. Wine, beer and ouzo may get chucked down the adults' necks but even then, their children will probably only have one beer or stick to a soft drink. Ever since I was a kid I saw wine and ouzo being drunk. But I accepted that and never thought much of getting drunk. Mummy would get me sent down to the supermarket as young as 12 and buy wine. Or bring back a bottle of Johnny Walker. It's our way of life but drinking has always fun, sociable but never to excess.

Easter in Greece. Now that is something pretty spectacular in Kalymnos! Drinking ouzo and chucking dynamite off the mountains on either side of Pothia our maritime capital is mostly done by the guys. And sometimes girls as well. ;)

In the meantime I'll settle for a bottle of Mythos please.
    *bangs bottle on table and raises it*
    Cheers! :D

PS can I get Mythos in England?

Love Poppi