Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Albert Hoffman R.I.P

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Died today aged a 102.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    R.i.p
    He'll be triptoeing through the clouds right now.
    The Albert Hofmann Foundation

Our Mission
    Throughout history people have used mind-expanding substances to explore consciousness and enhance their lives. Our purpose at the Albert Hofmann Foundation is to gather the records of these endeavors and to further the understanding and responsible application of psychedelic substances in the investigation of both individual and collective consciousness.

Dr. Albert Hofmann, on the occasion of celebrating the 50th anniversary of his famous bicycle ride:
    "You, my dear friends, and millions all over the world who now commemorate the 50th birthday of ergot's child, we all testify gratefully that we got valuable help on the way to what Aldous Huxley said is the end and the ultimate purpose of human life--enlightenment, beatific vision, love. I think all these joyful testimonies of invaluable help by LSD should be enough to convince the health authorities, finally, of the nonsense of the prohibition of LSD and of similar psychedelics."

http://www.hofmann.org/
    In addition to his discovery of LSD, he was also the first to synthesize psilocybin (the active constituent of 'magic mushrooms') in 1958. Albert Hofmann, known as the 'father of LSD', continued to work at Sandoz until 1971 when he retired as Director of Research for the Department of Natural Products. He continued to write, lecture, and play a leading role as an elder in the psychedelic community until his quick and relatively painless death from a heart attack at the age of 102.
    Well done that man. Imagine if we all ha a bit acid around; how would that be?
    A very talented and gifted scientist but also a lot more than just that.

102 is a good run at life.
    R.I.P

102 he had a long trip!