Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

where the hell would i meet girls?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i want to meet some girls....and i feel highly nieve and i'm not sure how to go about it. i just feel like doing it for once, rather than it happening on the off chance that i meet someone thats hot and bi/lesbian. So, asides going and hanging around in that little cafe near totenham court road, and without going to all the mega camp gay bars that are really not my scene...how would i get to meet girls without the huge chance of me making a move on a straight girl thats just staring at me because she likes my bag and wants to know where i bought it. and whats the etiquette involved?

*feels like a very silly little girl having to ask such basic things*

thanks

Comments

• Options
    and without going to all the mega camp gay bars that are really not my scene...

not all gay bars are ''mega camp''- they come in all sorts of trends 'ya know. :)
    if you are non-scene wrt pubs/nightclubs/etc you could try to find and join a lesbian / gay activity group, which i'm sure i've heard of and do exist.
    or if your at college / university what about your university LGB group?!
  • Options
    Yeah, T_T, what happened to calling me in as the guru of university LGBT societies? ;)

In all honesty, it would do you and your institution the world of good to get one going.

I'm not really a scene queen these days and I'm not sure how I'd have met my partner without the uni LGBT soc. Clubs (as straight clubs are) are meat markets if anyone pays any attention at all, and I got nowhere with Gaydar :blush:

Are there any LGBT youth groups in your area? queeryouth.org.uk used to be a good resource, but I can't get the site working at the mo. That would be one option. Or LGBT pagan groups? I imagine they exist.
  • Options
    i want to meet some girls....and i feel highly nieve and i'm not sure how to go about it. i just feel like doing it for once, rather than it happening on the off chance that i meet someone thats hot and bi/lesbian. So, asides going and hanging around in that little cafe near totenham court road, and without going to all the mega camp gay bars that are really not my scene...how would i get to meet girls without the huge chance of me making a move on a straight girl thats just staring at me because she likes my bag and wants to know where i bought it. and whats the etiquette involved?

*feels like a very silly little girl having to ask such basic things*

thanks
    Haha, you go to First Out?

First Out rocks... It's more of a first date kind of destination though, or the kind of place you go for a snack with mates.

I don't go to that many gay places to be honest, but I would recommend Bar and Club Wotever, as they're both very friendly and diverse and I reckon you'll like them.

I prefer nights labelled as 'queer'... The ones that welcome the whole spectrum of genders, as they appear to be the most comfortable, friendly and open-minded.

Some true legends go to Wotever... No idea how it is for cruising.

Oh and some stunning women and transfolk go. ;)

I wanna check Rock Society out soon.

Rock music + queers = win :D

Hope that's a little help... I'm not a scenester myself... I hate it.
  • Options
    we did a survay at college and everyone we talked to begged us not to start a LGBT group so they didn't get persecuted. and muslim and christian students kicked a HUGE fuss and said that they would boycott the college. fucking ridiculous!
  • Options
    Geez. Well, I've seen another university in London start one up from the same position. It's do-able and the offer of help still stands.
  • Options
    well i believe uni of westmnster has one, which i'll join come september, but i can't be bothered with my current college seeing as i have 5 weeks to go
  • Options
    My mate plays football and she says half of the team is gay. That could just be her team though. Don't want to stereotype all female footballers. :p
  • Options
    well i believe uni of westmnster has one, which i'll join come september, but i can't be bothered with my current college seeing as i have 5 weeks to go
    You're right, Westminster has one. Used to have a good working relationship with UCL when I was pres.

And, yes, gay women are often overrepresented in sports teams.