Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Company of Heroes on laptop

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Just read the minimum requirements for CoH, and my laptop is better than that.

"inimum System Requirements
System: 2.0GHz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent
RAM: 512 MB
Video Memory: 64 MB
Hard Drive Space: 6500 MB "

My lap top is 2gb ram, big enough HD, running vista, duo T2130 processor.
(Only core duo, not core 2 series)
Graphics is ATI radeon Xpress 1100.

Heard from a friend with a much newer and more powerfull desktop that CoH requires much more than the minimum requirements in reality, as with many other games. He even said he experienced some lag on about medium quality graphics setting.

So, any experiences? Think I'll be able to run it fine with my lap top?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    im gonna try and run in on a dual core 3ghz and 1gig ram with 128mb ghx card, i'll let you know in a day or too, i'd think it'll be fine
    I sold the copy I got for free on ebay for £5.50 :D
    Already sold then
    CoolMe wrote: »
    I sold the copy I got for free on ebay for £5.50 :D

If you have already sold it to someone else, why are you "advertising" here? :yeees:
    T-Kay wrote: »
    If you have already sold it to someone else, why are you "advertising" here? :yeees:

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Stick to the question folks...
    Teagan wrote: »
    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Oh. Very relevant for this thread.:confused:
    T-Kay wrote: »

If I were advertising, I would be selling something - I'm just saying I recently sold it because it's crappy.

You have to download over 200MB+ in order to play online by that time, I gave up and thought screw this.
    If I were advertising, I would be selling something - I'm just saying I recently sold it because it's crappy.

You have to download over 200MB+ in order to play online by that time, I gave up and thought screw this.

So it's an extra 200mb module to be able to play online? Or is it the case that the game host andclients sends a large amount of packets?

So you gave up on what is probably the best RTS around just because you needed to download a patch?

Wow.
    The first patch was downloading extremely slow, took hours to download. Then another one wanted to download and I thought fuck it.

Sorry if I'm annoying any of you COH fans.
    So you feel it was less hassle to flog your copy on ebay than wait for a patch to download?

Fucking ridiculous.
    Please guys, can we stick to the question here, which was whether CoH will run somewhat ok on a laptop that I described initially.

Please make a new thread if you have any comments to the patching aspect of CoH.
    Or for a quick check I always have a look at

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Great resource to check your system against game requirements - of course it only checks against the listed requirements though, so to be certain try the demo.
    As before in my post, got it, tried it, working fine on medium settings.

It's widely regarded as the best RTS in the industry by professional gamers atm however. Oopsie!
    Oh well, I lost out :)
    To be fair 200MB ain't that much - I had to download over 6.2 gigs to play Assassins Creed... oh no, wait a minute, that wasn't an update was it?
    I realised that I had to download it to try it. Tried on the lowest settings, and runs ok. Can probably increase graphics effect a wee bit without compromising framerate too :)
    piospam arrrghhh