Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What goes around, comes around?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anybody believe in the saying 'What goes around, comes around?'

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nope.
    yeah
    Does anybody believe in the saying 'What goes around, comes around?'

It's nice to believe that this may be the case, but there is no proof that it does.
    in terms of a circle, yes.
    BritJamez wrote: »
    in terms of a circle, yes.

Like a boomerang? :)
    Teagan wrote: »
    Like a boomerang? :)

I was thinking exactly that :thumb:
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    It's Karma..... Dude *stoned smiley here because I can't be arsed to find one on tinterweb.*
    Yes!
    Yep!:yes:
    Deffinatly
    Yes definately
    I've been watching a lot of my name is earl lately so I've been having a bit of a rethink!!

Last time I got my hair cut the woman was such a mess and her hair was a state and I thought 'ohh goddd whats mine gonna look like' and then she totally fucked it up and I couldn't decide if my judgement was right or that karma came and bit me in the ass!!
    Yes, sometimes its years, but everything comes around eventually.
    Yes. Most of the time. Not always.
    Yes ...Karma.
    Not in the sense that it's a natural law like gravity or summat but ...in your environment.
    If you treat people like shit ...if your unreliable ...if you lie a lot ...if you let people down ..........................

If you love a lot ...give a lot ...share and care ...whatever it is that you are seen to be ...is what will come round to you.
    Erm I reckon yea but not in a spiritual way, can't explain it. Bit like MR says. Or the coke advert 'it all comes back to you'
    three fold law...karma...it does jsut seem to happen like that...apart to those that mess me around
    this reminds me of when i was little and playing with my friend on a skateboard..this nasty kids with a remote control car came out from no where and start taking the piss out of my scabby looking deck. just at the moment they are taking the piss and showing off with their remote control car a REAL car flies by and runs over their toy..i almost died laughing :D
    this reminds me of when i was little and playing with my friend on a skateboard..this nasty kids with a remote control car came out from no where and start taking the piss out of my scabby looking deck. just at the moment they are taking the piss and showing off with their remote control car a REAL car flies by and runs over their toy..i almost died laughing :D
    Yes ...i like!

I like that story. :D
    Mr Timberlake said it . . . so who am I to argue

:heart:
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Erm I reckon yea but not in a spiritual way, can't explain it. Bit like MR says. Or the coke advert 'it all comes back to you'

I sort of agree with this. I think it's more the consequences of your actions that affect what happens to you, like you can be completely selfish but then people will stop helping you because they know you'll give nothing back, so when you really need someone you're on your own.
    There are limits to it though, people who have done really evil things never suffer as much as their victims do. I don't believe there's some spiritual force trying to even things out, but I do believe how you treat people is a major factor in how people treat you.
    There are limits to it though, people who have done really evil things never suffer as much as their victims do..

And you base that belief on what?
    And you base that belief on what?

Extreme examples of people who've ruined lives, tortured and killed others, abused their children or step children, even dictators who often die alone but never experience anything close to the suffering that they've inflicted on others. Of course very few people fit into these groups, but I think this minority is significant enough to prove that karma doesn't exist.
    Apart from that I'm not even sure how karma would work.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I remember soon after passing my test some bitch cut me up in her car. I gave it plenty of horn and the bitch aimed a stuck up finger back at me just as the traffic in front was slowing. She must have spent to long looking her mirror because she went straight into the back of the car in front. :lo: It wasn't at high speed but she still damaged her car. :lol:

That's karma right there.
    Weekender Offender 
    I believe it happens in certain circumstances but I don't believe in karma. I'm sure there are millions of people living in extreme poverty all over the world who have done nothing but good in their lives. Where does karma come in there eh? Loada balls.
    Skive wrote: »
    I remember soon after passing my test some bitch cut me up in her car. I gave it plenty of horn and the bitch aimed a stuck up finger back at me just as the traffic in front was slowing. She must have spent to long looking her mirror because she went straight into the back of the car in front. :lo: It wasn't at high speed but she still damaged her car. :lol:

That's karma right there.

heh heh!!

and i agree yerascrote
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I believe it happens in certain circumstances but I don't believe in karma. I'm sure there are millions of people living in extreme poverty all over the world who have done nothing but good in their lives. Where does karma come in there eh? Loada balls.

And, if you believe global warming is caused by people, it's always the countries that contribute to it the least that are most damaged by it.
    It's also often the most selfish people who become successful.
    It's also often the most selfish people who become successful.

But rarely the happiest.
    Yes, I've come to believe this over the years. Mainly things that I say coming back to bite me on the arse years later.