Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Rain.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
More and more people seem to be avoiding it ...why is that?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Rain on it's own aint too bad. Combined with wind, then it's a cunt.
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Chocolate rain.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Rain on it's own aint too bad. Combined with wind, then it's a cunt.

That.

I don't mind rain, but wind and rain is annoying. Biking in the rain can be fun, unless the wind is making it hit you in the eye every three seconds.

I don't even mind cold. My main gripe is humidity/damp air. Cold is fine. Damp and cold sucks dick. Hot is ok, apart from sunburn, but hot and humid also sucks.

I hate living in the UK for this, fucking island.
    I like a bit of rain. I do like it more when I'm inside looking out at it, but there's also something a bit exciting about getting caught in a summer downpour :)
    walking in a down pour :heart:
    ... i'm one of those strange english people who actually like the rain... :shocking:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    otter wrote: »
    walking in a down pour :heart:
    ... i'm one of those strange english people who actually like the rain... :shocking:

It can certainly be romantic in the right company.

Rain isn't too bad at all. It was a fucking godsend in portugal when it was hot.
    it messes up your hair :mad:
    it messes up your hair :mad:
    But makes the flowers grow.
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    Chocolate rain.

thats guys voice :chin:
    I love rain. Not all the time but most of the time, it's refreshing...when I have a change of clothes at hand that is.
    Love it.
    being in it, or being inside, watching it pitter patter on the window - I'm not fussed!
    The only thing about it I don't like ..... it my shoes and bottom of my jeans getting wet! :(

woop, 1000 posts!
    But makes the flowers grow.

But then you can't see them through your lion hairdo.
    I do like rain, but I do not like rain when I get wet on the way to work, or to uni or similar as I am then wet all day and it's uncomfortable, cold and soggy. I also hate it when my jeans get wet at the bottoms and then the water soaks from them through my shoes and makes my socks and feet wet to. I hate stepping on a paving slab that isn't fixed and shoots a whole lot of water up your trouser leg. I hate water soaking through my bag and making everything inside it wet. Wet workbooks are no good for making notes in!

Also, rain on my glasses :grump:

Rain is fine when you don't have to be somewhere in it.
    I do like rain, but I do not like rain when I get wet on the way to work, or to uni or similar as I am then wet all day and it's uncomfortable, cold and soggy. I also hate it when my jeans get wet at the bottoms and then the water soaks from them through my shoes and makes my socks and feet wet to. I hate stepping on a paving slab that isn't fixed and shoots a whole lot of water up your trouser leg. I hate water soaking through my bag and making everything inside it wet. Wet workbooks are no good for making notes in!

Also, rain on my glasses :grump:

Rain is fine when you don't have to be somewhere in it.

Oh yes I second all that :yes:
    It's raining now.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    It keeps raining when I go for lunch at work.

It annoys me.
    Rain is fantastic when you don't have to walk in it for your job and when it doesn't make your hair look rank.

I quite love the rain <3 Esp when cuddled up inside :D
    I love rain. I don't care if my jeans get wet. I'm one of those annoying people who will smile if it's raining a lot.
    i hate rain, its cold wet and makes ur hair go frizzy!
    I hate rain but it is so much more bearable knowing that in 5 and a bit weeks time I am going to out of it for a week in Benidorm then back to the rainy UK for a week then out of it for like a year if I choose - though I will probably be back in the Uk for christmas and no doubt, it will rain!
    Living in India, it usually only rains from late may-late september. The first couple of downpours are a bloody godsend, after that things get nasty, what with not being able to leave the house most of the time, and the flooding and depressing stories about people dying and crops failing and buildings collapsing and whatnot. I usually leave the country around june though, so I miss the worst of it.
    Huge walls of the stuff keep sweeping across my house ...with crashing thunder and a light show ...and what a dramatic show it is.
    Rain rain go away come back another day!
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Rain rain go away come back another day!
    I used to stand at the window singing that when i was little ...my mum told me if i sang it long enough ...it would go away ...and she was right!