Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Selling phone + contract on eBay?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I've had the LG Viewty for about 2 months, once you sell the phone do you write to T-Mobile informing them of a change of name and address and cancel your direct debit?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Makoto wrote: »
    So I've had the LG Viewty for about 2 months, once you sell the phone do you write to T-Mobile informing them of a change of name and address and cancel your direct debit?

No, once you sell the phone you carry on making the payments :).
    Makoto wrote: »

:lol:
    as if!

I wish it was THAT easy to get out of a contract.
    No I don't think you can transfer your contract to anyone else, so you can sell the phone but you will still have to pay for it.
    I didn't really think so either but I spoke to a T-Mobile agent and you can transfer your contract after 3 months, the other person gets a pack to fill out.
    I know with us (o2) you can't change the name on the contract at all because it was credit checked against you, so you're responsible for the contract.

I'd be surprised if you could change the name on the contract just like that, unless they credit check the new account holder.

You can change the payment details to come out of somoen else's account though (obviously if you've got their say so).
    Cheers Bri, I will visit T-Mobile today and see what they have to say about that.
    Well i rang up tmobile and gave them my exes details, they sent her a pack thing out, she confirmed her details, sent them back in, credit check went ok, phone was transferred into her name