Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ARGHH!!! Wrong IM Box... Nightmare!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok a quick note. I have had feelings for someone for over a year now, a long distance seperates us. But we met twice consecutive weekends and had sex. afterwards he just wanted to be friends..

a year on and still speak on internet. Many many falls outs, much too many.. but i still hold on. I've talked it to death with ppl online. I honestly think thats half the problem, that and the distance. He keeps telling me to get over him. Ok so if you haven't figured im gay, however this could happen to any relationship with internet.

Ok so the main problem, i had just got off the phone speaking with him and it was the best best conversation and he suggested i come stay for a couple of days and i was soo happy when i came off the phone.

however i was speaking with just an internet friend and saying some of the exact things he had said and also i said "I sound like a puppy dog when i talk to him" when i relised i was actually typing in his im window... :O I have never felt sooo bad!

It is laughable, its the worst possible thing that could of happened. And he was shocked and said "omg!

Its 2 days on now since it happened and i haven't dare speak to him.
I dont know what to do and i need a few opinions please..

Should i

a) just pick up the phone and find out becuase it's killing me waiting to find out what he thinks. And he might not be that bothered as i am, and my mind is making it feel sooo much worse.

b) write him a letter or email so that i can have my full say, without him just cutting me off in a rage as has happened in the past.

or

c) just phone him and try not to make a big deal of it?

Please HELP! ARGHhhhh!! :O

Comments

• Options
    You're making it into too big a deal. Just be normal.
  • Options
    c
  • Options
    I agree with Mist. All you are saying by your inadvertant comment is that you are into him. Perhaps he has realised that your feelings are a little more serious but surely that is a good thing for you to know where you stand?
  • Options
    Ok thanks for the replies, i should add some more info..

He told me i could see his ex now and i didn't have to be jealous anymore, and he joked he was a whore.. and unfortunately i also accidentally typed all that back at him by mistake and not my internet friend.

It was as much a shock to me as to him.

Well everyone asks for advice off people, but this shockingly made me relise that one of the major factors in my problems was over talking them with others about my feelings for him, as a direct result of trying to "just be friends".

The only good thing is the truth has been directly told to him. Im just worried about wether the trust he had in me will now be gone?

I honestly think im going to talk to him in the future about my problems directly, seems the best way. He hasn't blocked me i dont think.. I think the first thing i should say is im sorry to talk about you to someone, thats why im phoning you now.

what you think? :S
  • Options
    If it can't be resolved by a phone call it might not be worth pursuing. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but if he's determined to hold a grudge don't keep trying; you'll get more hurt in the long run.
  • Options
    He seemed unjaded by it all really, i phoned him and talked just as good as before yey :D hehe
  • Options
    that might not be the matter of this thread, but I think he does not reciprocate your feelings. Why did you say that with the puppy dog voice? Is it like that, that he's to you what Christmas is to a little child? He even stated that he doesn't want a relationship with you. Maybe I am misinterpreting here something, but I wouldn't get my hopes up like that.

About the IM thing. just forget about it and don't mention it. As long as you didn't badmouth him and accidentally sent him that it's not that big of a deal.
  • Options
    That type of mistake is known in the online community as "mis-tell".

I strongly recommend an IM program called Trillian. It integrates all of the major chat networks - MSN, AIM, IRC, ICQ etc. That's not the point though. The point is that you can set different picture backgrounds for each person that you speak to online. By having individual backgrounds, you won't mistake one chat box with another box as easily.