Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help !! Stain removal!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically my dad is on holiday at the moment so last night I had a few people round and some beer got split on the carpet in the living room and there's now three stains!

I need to get them out before my dad comes home but I'm not sure how to do it? I put some vanish carpet stain on it but it doesnt seem to have worked

the carpets are pepple dashy beigey colour with bits in and the stains are dark patches

can any one help me to get these stains out before tuesday?!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mix a mug of water with 2 tablespoons of white vinegar, a couple of drops of washing up liquid.

Get the stain quite wet (with the mixture), leave for 10 minutes, then sponge it off, rinsing the sponge evrytime you do so in clean water.

Leave to dry.
    Thanks you two

Lacrymosa - don't think I'll go with bleach as last time at my mums it fucked up the carpet in the spare room!

RubberSkin - that sounds really good but I've just done a check and we only have malt vinegar will that work too?
    NO BLEACH!!!!!Rubbers idea sounds good ...if you get it fairly wet and give it a bit of a rub ...keeping it wet ...then soak up the wet with paper towels. don't just soak and rub the stains ...go a bit beyond and a bit jagged ...so there aint a clean shape that stands out ...other than that ...get down to morrisons and hire a rug doctor for about twentyquid.
    NO BLEACH!!!!!Rubbers idea sounds good ...if you get it fairly wet and give it a bit of a rub ...keeping it wet ...then soak up the wet with paper towels. don't just soak and rub the stains ...go a bit beyond and a bit jagged ...so there aint a clean shape that stands out ...other than that ...get down to morrisons and hire a rug doctor for about twentyquid.

thanks I'm gonna try that now - I'm really worried cos my dad is an absolute perfectionist and loves his carpets so not sure he's gonna appreciate stella stains
    ...get down to morrisons and hire a rug doctor for about twentyquid.

What would she do with a gynecologist? :razz:
    we only have malt vinegar will that work too?

Yes, but as it's malt vinegar i.e.brown, you'll have a vinegar stain instead :D
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Yes, but as it's malt vinegar i.e.brown, you'll have a vinegar stain instead :D

Oh yeah lol so I would ! Luckily I randomly found this machine in my garage called a 'Vax' it's like a carpet cleaning thing and one stain has gone, one is looking alot better and the biggest one is looking okay as well so I'm feeling a bit better.

Thank you everyone though
    Oh yeah lol so I would ! Luckily I randomly found this machine in my garage called a 'Vax' it's like a carpet cleaning thing and one stain has gone, one is looking alot better and the biggest one is looking okay as well so I'm feeling a bit better.

Thank you everyone though

It's ok chuck ...the common folk among us know what a vax thingy is.