Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Run away

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello. :wave:

Im new to these bords but in desparat need of sum help.
I want to run away from home to sum were that no body nows me. I dont now were I want to go yet or how to start a new life when I get there. how easy it is to get a job or sum mony? Im 16 so Im old enuf to work. And how can I get it to work so I dont ever have to cum back? Can sum one talk to me and help me pleze dont try to talk me out of it im doing it

Comments

• Options
    Get a job on a cruise liner. But the fact that you use the term "run away" rather than "good work opportunity" suggest to me that you wont last, and will end up with a rather expensive flight home half way through your contract.
  • Options
    Well, you are asking us not to talk you out of it, but we surely can't encourage a 16 year old to bunk off, can we? Maybe you can fill us in about the reasons you want to do it and maybe we find a better solution for this ordeal. Being 16 and having no education is not a very good condition for running off. you can't even sign a tenancy agreement.
  • Options
    If people with a home, experience and qualifications struggle to get a job, what chance has a runaway 16 year old with no experience?
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    If people with a home, experience and qualifications struggle to get a job, what chance has a runaway 16 year old with no experience?

quite and I am just there ! so take it from me YOU WON'T FIND A JOB SO EASY unless its illegal and I hope you don't want to go down that path, lots of people would want to run away at 16 hey another 2-4 years and you will possibly be moving on in life and saying shit how am I going to manage alone !
  • Options
    I was fifteen when i went over the fence ...and never went back.
    Being a very talented criminal helped me enormously but ...you have to be willing to take some big risks ...dire ones sometimes ...and be willing to loose everything from time to time ...do a bit of porridge and start all over again.
    Not many are sucsesful at it.
  • Options
    Hey- it is really worrying that you feel so unhappy that you need to run away from home. If you desperately need to leave maybe you should get in touch with some organisations that could help you with housing first to make sure that you find somewhere safe.
    Connexions can advise young people who have run away from home or who have housing problems. You can call them on 080 800 13 2 19.
    Shelter can give housing advice over the phone for free as well, on 0808 800 4444.
    Talk to your local council to find out what supported accommodation they provide for young people in need.
    If there is a teacher or someone you trust try talking to them too- they might be able to help you if things are bad at home and you need support.
    Please don't just run away without asking for help first- there are services designed to help young people who need to leave home and they could prevent you from ending up in an unsafe place or even on the streets. Please be careful when making this very big decision and get as much help as you can.
  • Options
    Helena wrote: »
    Please don't just run away without asking for help first- could prevent you from ending up in an unsafe place or even on the streets. Please be careful when making this very big decision and get as much help as you can.
    Exactly.
    Are you going to tell us why you are making such a decision?
  • Options
    running away with no where to go is almost never the answer. whatever problems you have you'd be better figuring out another way of dealing with them, or finding someone who you could run away to - like a friend or a relative who will keep you safe. otherewise no doubt you're heading straight for living on the streets - and thats no life for anyone.
  • Options
    ElenaElena Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    Hi Ford :wave:

I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling like this. You're right to seek advice before you take drastic measures though, so well done for that.

As others have said, leaving home at such an early age, without qualifications, can be really difficult - especially without close friends and family in the area to help.

I suggest you think really carefully about the underlying reasons you want to leave. Are you having problems with your family? You're friends? At school? We have some useful information about leaving home on TheSite.org that might help you think through things. You could also try calling some of the organisations Helena has suggested, such as Connexions (080 800 1 3219) or Shelter 0808 800 4444). Organisations such as the Samaritans (08457 909 090) would also be able to provide a listening ear and help you consider your options.

I really hope things work out for you, Ford.

Take care ;)

S x
  • Options
    why are you running away? What are you running away from?
    Youre legally old enough to leave home if you want to anyway
  • Options
    i dont think you should run away you could expose your self to all sorts.. if your unhappy at home talk to someone and im sure you can find a way around it but dont put your self at risk chick!!
    but just tell your family that your leaving and maybe they could help you to get about living independantly as your 16 and can leave home.
    its not easy getting a well paid job at 16 as normally people want experiance and qualifications that usually dont have anything to do with the job..
    as when i got a part time job at 16 i felt like it was child labour esp as minimum wage wasnt invented then i think.. funny times..
    but just think about what your going to to and why you want to "run away"??

x sweet gal x