Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stressing! Passport applications.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm getting wound up. Paperwork and me just don't go.

I've been invited on holiday in June, but ones passport ran out last October. That passport was a childs passport. So I therefore need to apply for my 'First Adult' passport.

But I'm finding it really complicated, and will cry if no one helps, explaining in laymen's terms what the frell this all blurry means!

ARGH! *Stamps foot and pouts like a spoilt brat*:banghead:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey curvy lass,
    I agree, filling out a passport application form is by no means easy! But the key is reading the booklet that comes with it that tells you which bits you need to fill out at every step. Also, try not to do it late at night as if you're feeling a bit tired then mistakes are bound to be made and it will be hard to concentrate. If there are any bits in particular that you're finding confusing then post them here and we'll see if we can help. :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I renewed mine a year or so ago I thought the process was almost too easy, I didnt even need to get someone to sign the photo to say it was me.

Sorry, thats not all that helpful. However the post office check before you send service is useful, definitely use it.
    Thank you Helen. I think my passport post yesterday was posted when I was tired and a bit stressed. Hopefully the kind person at the PO will point me in the right direction.

I just got to sort it out ASAP cos of return times of passports etc..
    You need to take your filled in form into a post office and they will tell you if the photo is right, and whether you've done the rest of it correctly. If you havent this saves all the time it would take for it to get to the passport agency and back to you. Well worth pay the extra tenner or so I think.
    Yeah the post office offer a check & send service (cheaper than a tenner iirc, though i didnt bother)

It's honestly not difficult at all, just make sure you read through it all carefully and it'll be easy :).
    Tis £7 here :)
    I wasnt quoting the exact figure, I just remembered it being around that much.

You're right though, the form is relatively easy, its the photo which they can be really tight about and is worth checking before you send it off.
    They are indeed bastards to sort!
    I had to redo mine recently and found it a nightmare on what bits of the form to actually fill it, managed to blag it, now just waiting for it too come back!
    I didn't find it that hard when I applied for mine :chin: definitely worth doing the check and send thing though as they check your photo.
    Don't let the form phase you. The large majority won't be relvant to you. Read the explanation guide. You'll spend most of the time going "don't need to do that".

As Buddha says - which evidently you're not feeling at the moment! - it felt a bit too easy when i did it. I filled in my details online and then they sent it through and all i had to do was sign and slap a couple of photos in there.