Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

best workout & gym trax for my ipod?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
... I need new music: mostly for running but also for a full gym workout... I need some suggestions as I'm tired of listening to the same old stuff. I tend to buy stuff on itunes, not really wanting to mess my computer with the pirate programs.......
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Well what sort of music do you listen to now? No-one can really suggest anything at the moment as we don't know what you like..
    (This thread will probably get more replies in entertainment)
  • Options
    Yeh if you give us an idea of the type of music you like it would be good :)

Generally though when I'm at the gym I listen to podcasts from like Chris Moyles and Scott Mills when I'm on the rower, stairmaster and doing weights. Then I'm running and that I listen to stuff like Vampire Weekend, Foals, Kings Of Leon, The Hives and Whitestripes.
    When I'm just walking on the treadmill I watch stuff like the mighty boosh or family guy :)
  • Options
    Well complilation albums that have words like "dance" and "club" in the title tend to be quite up tempo re-mixes, it might help if the music is quite fast tempo for working out to?
  • Options
    OSWorker wrote: »
    yea, for workout music, you basically need hard-hitting euro-dance music.... nothing else does the job really. Search around on itunes for "euro club hits" or check this link:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol+

Lol That's the second link to 'euro club hits' I've seen in the last few days...:chin:

Listen to some Hard Trance, Hardcore or Gabber. Something really hard, fast and euphoric.
  • Options
    It does come down to taste I found HipHop useful to get the blood pumping but lean towards Public Enemy rather than Snoop. Drum n Bass, House, Garage, Latin basically just think tempo and not genre.

:thumb:
  • Options
    Ok...

I think a great track to do cardiovascular to is Future Sound of London's We Have Explosive...

Click to see the video

I love that album... It keeps me going.

I'd like to get hold of some South African psytrance as it's harder and faster than a lot of other pystrance (and I like it trippy).

But I do running..... So anything that keeps a pace and keeps me awake.
  • Options
    Atlas by Battles is an awesome running track. Great driving tune too.
  • Options
    rocky music
  • Options
    It's all down to taste. Personally speaking, if you put on some R&B or something like that, you're quite likely to send me to sleep.
  • Options
    The Courteeners - St Jude.