Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Contradictory emotions... confused!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A while ago I broke up with my boyfriend; you might remember this thread:

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php?p=2126838#post2126838

Well, after much umming and aahing, we spent a really wonderful day (and night :) ) together and we seem to have slipped back into things. He's been making a lot more effort; we went to the ballet together, he came with me to have a nasty procedure at the hospital and spent the rest of the afternoon giving me head massages and bringing me food, he's started looking at poetry and talking to me about the things I'm interested in....

For the past week I've had a really weird pattern going on; whenever we're apart I really miss him and have become really 'needy' (my description of it, not his). I want to see him almost every night and will call him while he's at work just for a chat. He's fine with it; he says he loves spending time with me and it's no problem if I want to call him at work, but I feel quite desperate. Thing is, when I do see him I find myself getting snappy and short with him and little things irritate me to the point where I go to bed early so I don't have to talk to him anymore.

I know a lot of this is due to the fact that I have a lot of work on at the moment and I'm quite stressed, but I wanted to know if anyone else has experience of this or if someone can offer me an objective opinon of what's going on. Is this just symptomatic of stress or was getting back with him a bad idea?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It could just be stress. I know when im stressed i get ratty with the people around me
    Me too, and my poor gf always comes off worst.
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    I found that when I was with a serious ex of mine.

When I look back at it now, I realise it was because I *was* needy and I was dependent on him. However, I was very unhappy in the relationship I was in. Sad but true. I was young. We broke up a few times too and everytime we got back together, I found I was even more clingy because I thought he was going to finish me again. Eurgh, its making me cringe even typing this! I was so stupid!

I missed him lots when we were apart and rang/text him all the time yet when I was with him I felt nothing yet when we were apart I'd feel really strong things. We used to have really bad arguments and we were just cold with each other. Reason? The relationship wasn't right and it was going nowhere. I wasn't happy with him. It was just part of one big routine so when I was taken away from that comfort zone, that routine, I found it hard to deal with. I just didn't like being on my own.

That makes no sense whatsoever but eurgh.

I'm not saying thats the case for you. Its just how it was for me.

Like others have said, it could be stress.

I hope you work out what it is you want :) xxx

eta: Just thought I'd say, I'm not like that anymore! I was just young, naive and stupid!

Bloody hell! Are you my double? Yoi've just described my love life to a tee, and explained it better than I ever could!
    HunnyPot wrote: »
    Bloody hell! Are you my double? Yoi've just described my love life to a tee, and explained it better than I ever could!

:yes: i was exactly the same with my ex! i kept finishing with him and getting back with him cos when we were apart i really liked him and missed him, but then when we were together i just couldnt wait to get away from him! i didnt want to be on my own but when i finally did leave him for good i felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders!