Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Download 08!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Who's going?

After a nightmare of a time last year, it hasn't put me off!! I'm going again this year, only on my todd, to meet up with people when I get there. Hopefully this year I won't need to miss the bands I like so everyone else can see what they like lol.

So.... who's going? Who's not going? Who's enthralled with the line up so far, who's enraged by the lineup???
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Kiss!!!!!
  • Options
    Kiss!!!!!
    You're really chuffed about that piece of news aren't you? :p
  • Options
    I seriously want to hug Gene Simmons.... though he'd probably eat me alive haha.
  • Options
    I'm going to Gatecrasher instead! Boo to Download!
  • Options
    i dont particularly want to go to download cos its full of bell ends and i wouldn't "fit in", would really like to see KISS tho, altho i think they will be doing a UK tour around Download so i might wait and see what happens on that front.

otherwise i'm considering going just to see KISS, then getting the flock out of there.
  • Options
    I'm going to Leeds, instead. Although it depends on what the rest of the line up will be for Download, and also Leeds.
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote: »
    You're really chuffed about that piece of news aren't you? :p

Isn't everyone with half a brain?
  • Options
    Seeing as Reading & leeds is turing into an indie wankfest its Download all the way for me now. Might only be going for the one/two days though, I will be tagging along if my brother and his girlfriend decide to go.

Plus The Offspring are headlining and that alone makes me very happy. :hyper:
  • Options
    Seeing as Reading & leeds is turing into an indie wankfest its Download all the way for me now.

I do totally agree about Reading, though, if rumours are to believed, and the site I got them off (www.e-festivals.co.uk) is normally on the money, the headliners for Friday and Sunday are going to be Rage Against The Machine and Metallica respectively.

If it's true, it'll be the best line-up since '03, arguably since '00 when Rage last played. It'll be worth the ticket price along just to see those two.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/lineups.php?FestID=2142 for their rumours.

LTJ, QOTSA (who I saw on Monday with Rich - they fucking ruled), Rage and Metallica would cetainly be a weekend to make anyone's willy hard.
  • Options
    I do totally agree about Reading, though, if rumours are to believed, and the site I got them off (www.e-festivals.co.uk) is normally on the money, the headliners for Friday and Sunday are going to be Rage Against The Machine and Metallica respectively.

If it's true, it'll be the best line-up since '03, arguably since '00 when Rage last played. It'll be worth the ticket price along just to see those two.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/lineups.php?FestID=2142 for their rumours.

LTJ, QOTSA (who I saw on Monday with Rich - they fucking ruled), Rage and Metallica would cetainly be a weekend to make anyone's willy hard.

Includding mine, and i dont even have one! saw Rage at Reading b4 the fucking tore the place up! might go back for the 1st time since I was 19..a mere 10 years ago :blush:
  • Options
    I'm tempted by that lineup as well, and again it'd be the first time i'd have been back since i was 19/20.
  • Options

That would actually be the first decent line-up they've had at Reading & Leeds for some years (plus I had heard they organisers wanted it to be more "metal" this year). Plus RATM are headlining T in the Park and one or two of the headliners tend to do Reading and Leeds as well as its all oragnised by Mean Fiddler.
  • Options
  • Options
    Aye, I'll be there. Lineup is pretty shite atm but not to worry, it has been every year until about a month before it then all the decent bands started confirming.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Aye, I'll be there. Lineup is pretty shite atm but not to worry, it has been every year until about a month before it then all the decent bands started confirming.

how can you say that when KISS are performing?
  • Options
    how can you say that when KISS are performing?

Aye I mean the majority of them :razz: There's a few awesome ones in the lineup so far (same as previous years) but we'll still see alot more signing up. I'm holding out for Rage :(
  • Options
    I want to go...only thing is I don't seem to have that many rocker friends anymore...they're all poofta's that listen to dance and pop music! Still, I can maybe beg my boyfriend into it ;)
  • Options
    I'm going on my own! Sod mates, all they do is get in the way!!! lol.