Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Controlled explosion in Bristol

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    BlackArab wrote: »
    I'm ok though :thumb:

Well generally people don't get injured in controlled explosions unless you're an army guy doing the explosion itself...used to be a daily occurance in this country, any ideas who is behind this?
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    any ideas who is behind this?

Hazarding a guess I'd say the Royal Logistics Corps, but you can never be too sure :D
  • Options
    Question: can a controlled explosion actually disarm a bomb that is primed to detonate? Or is it more a question of "if there is a bomb in there, we might as well get on with it and let it blow"?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Question: can a controlled explosion actually disarm a bomb that is primed to detonate? Or is it more a question of "if there is a bomb in there, we might as well get on with it and let it blow"?

I think it is the latter. They 'control' it in the fact that they can decide WHEN to destroy it, have time to move people and property away to safety and, if they can, even encase it to keep the blowout to a minimum.
  • Options

They put something around the bomb to protect the surrounding area and then blow it up AFAIK.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Well generally people don't get injured in controlled explosions unless you're an army guy doing the explosion itself...used to be a daily occurance in this country, any ideas who is behind this?

They've named him: http://www.epost.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=144913&command=displayContent&sourceNode=231190&home=yes&more_nodeId1=144922&contentPK=20430276

Got to smile at this comment from a neighbour:

My partner said he had seen the man who was arrested a few times being picked up in several different cars, many driven by white people.

Keep on eye out for this sort of behavoiur peeps, we must be vigilant to defeat the scourge of terrorism :lol:
  • Options

Yes, quite often they blast it with a really high powered jet of water to push all the bits apart. Even the shot gun robots arent designed to actually blow up the bomb properly, idealy it just mangles it so it doesnt go off.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Hazarding a guess I'd say the Royal Logistics Corps, but you can never be too sure :D

:lol: