Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Trouble getting into a relationship

Hi all,

Why is it I cant get into a relationship. I have been single for 7 years now and I am 16 years old. I like doing all the romantic things but I don't think anyone else likes that.

Maybe it is to do with the reason I do well and try my best at school. Anyone got any advice?

Thanks

Tom
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your only 16, give it time.
    Thanks,

I realise that but why does everyone else my age have relationships but not me?
    I wouldn't worry, I didn't have a proper relationship till I was 18. Just relax and enjoy your youth.
    tom5 wrote: »
    Thanks,

Everyone is different and takes different periods of time.

You'll be fine.
    I wouldn't worry, I didn't have a proper relationship till I was 18. Just relax and enjoy your youth.

Yeah, same here, only i was 20!!
    Man, youth is wasted on the young. :no:
    I didn't have any sort of relationship till I was 18/19 I wouldn't worry about it.
    Single for 7 years? Seven years ago you were 9. Nine year olds shouldn't be having "relationships". Geez. What happened to being a kid?

Even at 16 a relationship is a strong term. Just hang around with a few girls. Enjoy yourself, have fun. Don't take things too seriously.
    hey there, what the others said is really true. Even though it may feel right now like you need to be in a relationship, a lot of people don't get in to relationships until much later in their teens or early twenties. Don't let yourself think it is something you are doing wrong, being committed to your school work is a great quality. You may find some people are getting in to relationships just for the sake of it. It's worth waiting, someone you really click with will come along who enjoys the romance just as much as you :) You might find this article useful, it's got some good tips on how to approach people you like..
    Being single at 16 is nothing to be ashamed of. If you're so worried about being single you will somehow see that everyone else has partners but if you worry less you'll find that there's quite a few people your age that are single too. I noticed in this and your other thread in Style and Appearence that you compare yourself with other people. Be happy with who you are and have fun and you'll find you'll be ok.
    Jesus, I'm 22 in a few weeks and haven't had a relationship.

Slow down baby.
    i wouldnt call them relationships. I didn't lose my V till 18 and didnt have a relationship till 18. Was the best way and i've had no problem getting a girl.

you're just young.
    Jesus, I'm 22 in a few weeks and haven't had a relationship.

Slow down baby.

you two could hook up, y'know :naughty:

i'm still way too drunk :o
    tom5 wrote: »
    Thanks,

It's not a race man. Chill and enjoy being single. Birds are far too much trouble anyway :p

And listen to lea_uk - If you want to improve your imagine do so for yourself not to impress others. Nothing wrong with looking good and being confidant mate, just don't try force yourself to fit in. Make your own path in this life and stop worrying about who you're not and be happy with who you are :p
    Thank-you everyone who has posted on here.

You are all a great help.
    just be patient mate. i've never had a relationship and im 19. patience is the key, but remember good things come to those who wait.:thumb:
    my first intimate encounter was at 24 and I'm yet to find someone to have a relationship with