Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Homegrown

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey guys. Did a quick forum search (however not very thoroughly tbh) and nothing came up, so sorry if it's been done already.

Being a drug newbie myself I am actually satisfied with smoking a bowl every now and then (even tho I don't smoke cigarettes, hehe). I am not really looking for advice either, just wanted to start a discussion about homegrown Marijuana.

Who did it and how was the quality? Worth the hassle (gardening, problems with authorities, cost/performance ratio)?

A friend of mine grew last spring and it looked pretty good. His g/f was a trained gardener, but used a fertilizer that was just no good for them, so nothing came out of it. Another former colleague (from ambulance), grew quite a lot, but was sacked after a neighbor shopped him (has a criminal record now, something I as a student really don't need). I just had two little plants once, but due to my famous gardening skills they experienced a quick demise.

share your stories.

Comments

• Options
    My friend's brother grew one in her garden once, not really thinking it would grow much because of the UK's weather. Well it grew 6 feet tall and 4 feet wide and had to be cut down before the neighbours noticed! It was a female plant I think (the ones without the buds) so smoking it wasn't amazing but she used to trim bits off and bring them round, and we'd put the leaves under my grill to dry them out and smoke them. haha.
  • Options
    Oh, I always thought the female had the buds...
  • Options
    It is, the female is the desired plant.

Hopefully no one is going to be stupid enough to detail how they broke the law, there are dozens of good guides if you are planning to grow your own. I'm sure erowid has loads of information.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Oh, I always thought the female had the buds...

Yes - that's true. It's the male plant that is of no real value.
  • Options
    If I was stupid enough to tell you all about how I grew a few bushes, very successfully, in the garden, a couple of years back, that also grew to almost 6' before I nipped the tips, and used tomato fertiliser that worked wonders, I suppose I would also be stupid enough to tell you how great the smoke was. Fortunately, I'm not that stupid.
  • Options
    You'd never be that stupid though. :P
  • Options
    :D

PLENTY of information regarding this online, several forums devoted to home growing

googles your friend fella :thumb:
  • Options
    Mate grew it few years ago, 3 turned out to be rather big, great smoke.

Easily done if you know what your at.
  • Options
    Have grown loads over the years.
    The males are still smokable.
    I love being stupid.
    The last thing i would want people to think is that i'm inteligent and have common sense ...i save that for the real world ...where i realy need my whits about me.
    It's a weed ...it will grow anywhere.
    Pick the tops out to stop it growing to tall or to fast ...it will bush out the plant.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    budda wrote: »
    I'm sure erowid has loads of information.

I'm sure it does too. Gonna close this now.
This discussion has been closed.