Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Possibly the most bizarre film in recent memory

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Joe Dante's 'Homecoming'.

I heard about this film a while ago and I want to track it down. Has anybody see this?

Here's a plot summary:

Joe Dante’s Masters of Horror installment, Homecoming, offers an even more direct attack on the president and the war. Dante explains that “this is a horror story because most of the characters are Republicans.” In the one hour TV film, American soldiers killed in Iraq are reanimated because they cannot be at peace until someone who will end the war is elected president. They have no malicious intent, and they don’t want to eat people; they just want to vote. They can’t be killed, but after they vote they drop dead. At first, the panicked Republican spinmeisters salute the power of American troops: nothing can kill our heroes!

A Jerry Falwell clone says these zombies are a gift from God. But once the zombies start bad-mouthing the president, they are put in orange jumpsuits and trundled off to detention camps. Now the Falwell stand-in explains that Satan sent these disloyal soldiers. A skanky Ann Coulter type calls the reanimated soldiers “a bunch of crippled, stinking, maggot-infested, brain dead, zombie dissidents.” Locking up the “formerly deceased” ends up not really fixing the problem, and since there aren’t really all that many of them, the Republicans allow them to vote (and die permanently).

Many non-zombie citizens have been moved by the sight of the dead to vote against the president, but the Republicans fix the count so that the president is re-elected. At this point, Arlington cemetery explodes as the dead of World War II, Vietnam, and Korea rise to take over Washington.

:crazyeyes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh that's one I'm looking out :)
    Wow it must be obscure if you've not seen it :eek:

This means if I'm quick I can give you a review for once :p

When I first read about it I wanted to track it down but the idea was so far out and I couldn't remember the name, I was actually too embarrassed to ask if anybody had seen the zombie Iraq film :lol:
    BlackArab wrote: »
    This means if I'm quick I can give you a review for once :p

Was it any good though?
    Teagan wrote: »
    Was it any good though?

Don't know till I see it, the description sells it to me. I don't expect it to be great just entertaining.
    Just wondering do the dead of WW2 (Democrat - Roosevelt), Korea (Truman-Democrat) and Vietnam (Kennedy - Democrat) all vote Republican?
    Just wondering do the dead of WW2 (Democrat - Roosevelt), Korea (Truman-Democrat) and Vietnam (Kennedy - Democrat) all vote Republican?

The Zombies in films of that period reflected a fear of communist domination/indoctrination. For them it was too late I guess. ;)

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/162666/are_zombies_communists.html