Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mark Speight Dead. :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
RIP. Poor guy, he must have been so so so devestated.

x

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7345486.stm
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I think the death of his fiance and the drugs fucked him up.

Great shame.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ah shit thats awful. Kinda hoped he would be found and he just needed some time away. :(
    Yeah thats really sad :( Poor bloke :(
    i feel quite upset by this. :(
    It is a shame if it is confirmed to be him, however, I've read other reports that the reason he is was so distraught is that he got her onto the drugs so feels responcible for her death.

I actually feel sorry for him and his/her family though.
    All goes to show what drugs can do to people, feel so sorry for both sets of parents more than anyone.
    i got really upset because i have a friend who was a friend of his. why do they send out huge search parties for kids but not those demed suicidal...it makes me sick
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    The whole thing is a very sad and sorry affair :(
    i think it's something we expected to happen but didn't want to believe.

i'm really sad about this, like i was when the guy off countdown died, cause they were the faces i saw when i got home from school and switched on the teevee.

god rest his cotton socks :(
    As much as I hate to sound like the prophet of doom, I'm not that surprised to hear about this. Nonetheless, it's a desperately sad situation.
    :(
    RIP x
    RIP, from the media reports he obviously wasnt coping after the death of his finacee. :(
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    That's fucked up.

Hop the tabloids are happy. They painted him as some sort of drug crazed boyfriend from what I remember.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    Hop the tabloids are happy. They painted him as some sort of drug crazed boyfriend from what I remember.
    Well, the couple spent an evening together taking loads of cocaine, sleeping pills and vodka the night she died. He fell asleep as she collapsed in the boiling bath. I'm not certain but it looks like he surely had some responsibility - he'd been on coke for ages and introduced Natasha to it, and surely he should have stopped her from overdosing that night??

Know it may not be seen as appropriate right now but I was a (distant) friend of Natasha and feel he was (inadvertently) responsible.. thus he's felt so guilty the last few months.
    tinkler wrote: »
    Well, the couple spent an evening together taking loads of cocaine, sleeping pills and vodka the night she died. He fell asleep as she collapsed in the boiling bath. I'm not certain but it looks like he surely had some responsibility - he'd been on coke for ages and introduced Natasha to it, and surely he should have stopped her from overdosing that night??

Not sure we'll ever know what actually went on that night.

If I had a bairn and she died due to a drug overdose then I wouldn't be overly enamoured with whoever introduced her to the drugs in the first place. The guilt would have been overwhelming though and would only ever have slightly lessened with time, guess it just completely overwhelmed him and he couldn't cope.

Saying that, he was on his way to see her mother when he died apparently. Feel so sorry for those left behind.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    tinkler wrote: »

Know it may not be seen as appropriate right now but I was a (distant) friend of Natasha and feel he was (inadvertently) responsible.. thus he's felt so guilty the last few months.

She was a grown up. She chose what to do what she did. The responsiblity was hers. If you can apply balme to him for her death than you can certainly apply blame to the media for his.

He'd just lost the woman he loved and was portrayed as some eveil drug pushiing boyfriend in the tabloids. Fuck em.

It was accident.
    Weekender Offender 
    She was a grown up. She chose what to do what she did. The responsiblity was hers. If you can apply balme to him for her death than you can certainly apply blame to the media for his.

He'd just lost the woman he loved and was portrayed as some eveil drug pushiing boyfriend in the tabloids. Fuck em.

It was accident.

I agree. She was an adult and made her own decisions. It's unfair to blame him for her death.
    i feel quite upset by this. :(

me too, its weird for me, but its just so sad. :[ when i heard how she died it made me feel sick so for him it must have been truly devastating. rip.

It was accident.

exactly, A tragic end to a love story

It was accident.

:yes:

Spot on.

He'd been staying with Natasha's mother after her death as well. If her family bears no grudge against him, I don't see why some distant friends should.

R.I.P.
    R.i.p.
    I used to love coming in from school watching SMART.

RIP
    I have only just realised who this guy is from watching Newsround (like the geek I am)

Sad.
    Im sooo shocked and upset by this poor fella
    yeah it's really tragic, heard about this today
    i might go and lay some flowers (ones made of paper or foam ala smart) in paddington station tomorrow