Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Congratulations Southampton!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
...and Pompey :yippe:

Just thought I'd show you I'm not completely biased

:thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Pompey game was shite. Worst game I've seen since Saints vs Rover in the cup.

Saints were excellent this weekend though.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    haha i'm not gonna rise to any bait like that, dangled by a dirty gashead!
  • Options
    phoenix24 wrote: »
    haha i'm not gonna rise to any bait like that, dangled by a dirty gashead!

:lol::lol::lol: Couldn't help though could you?

1-0 again to the Gas :thumb:
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Pompey game was shite. Worst game I've seen since Saints vs Rover in the cup.

Saints were excellent this weekend though.

Missed it myself due to work, which is the story of my season. :impissed:

I am looking forward to the final though for the first time in years, will be good to see two teams from outside the top four and a better atmosphere than usual from the fans.
  • Options
    also be funny to see cardiff suddenly having 30-40,000 fans inside wembley

sadly something which afflicts most non-premiership clubs when reaching finals

us at the mill. stad several times (in fact, no club team has ever had more fans inside that stadium than bristol city. not chelsea, liverpool, not united), your own blue few suddenly growing by 35,000 at wembley etc

but like i said its a good day out and its always gonna happen so what can you do! have to go with pompey for this one, but it'd be interesting to see what UEFA did if cardiff won it...
  • Options
    also be funny to see cardiff suddenly having 30-40,000 fans inside wembley

sadly something which afflicts most non-premiership clubs when reaching finals

us at the mill. stad several times (in fact, no club team has ever had more fans inside that stadium than bristol city. not chelsea, liverpool, not united), your own blue few suddenly growing by 35,000 at wembley etc

but like i said its a good day out and its always gonna happen so what can you do! have to go with pompey for this one, but it'd be interesting to see what UEFA did if cardiff won it...

A good few that went to Wembley would have gone if either City or Rovers were playing because their football fans generally and its a local team in the big shiny new stadium.

Anyway didn't you're 'big' club post an appeal this season in the Post for fans to come and support their team. ;)
  • Options
    BlackArab wrote: »
    A good few that went to Wembley would have gone if either City or Rovers were playing because their football fans generally and its a local team in the big shiny new stadium.

Anyway didn't you're 'big' club post an appeal this season in the Post for fans to come and support their team. ;)

ah come on i never said we were a big club - i am equally bemused and frustrated about this years gates, and our own sudden fanbase explosion whenever we're in the playoffs etc

i wouldn't read the EP if you paid me to do it so i don't know, but i am sure there were half-price ticket days etc to bring people in

to be fair at least one of our stands isn't a tent! :shocking:
  • Options
    ah come on i never said we were a big club -

to be fair at least one of our stands isn't a tent! :shocking:

The 'big club' thing is one of those tired cliches that many a Shi.. sorry City fan ;) has bragged about in the past alongside sleeping giant...yawn

the tent belongs to the egg-chasers, they pay good money to us so I'm not fussed.

What are your thoughts on the new ground developments? I'm surprised that neither club looked at the area next to Temple Meads especially seeing as the arena idea fell through. Missed opportunity I think.
  • Options
    BlackArab wrote: »
    The 'big club' thing is one of those tired cliches that many a Shi.. sorry City fan ;) has bragged about in the past alongside sleeping giant...yawn

the tent belongs to the egg-chasers, they pay good money to us so I'm not fussed.

What are your thoughts on the new ground developments? I'm surprised that neither club looked at the area next to Temple Meads especially seeing as the arena idea fell through. Missed opportunity I think.

well my guess is that both clubs did look at it, but the council said no - imagine the traffic chaos. its hard enough to get in there by car already. of course, you could build a rail link from various "park and ride" centres outside the centre - but we both know bristol council won't allow that!

interestingly, city's new stadium will be built on land which is currently in north somerset, thus not under bristol city council. they may re-do the boundaries, but maybe NS were more co-operative

as for your ground i don't see why not - its just where are you gonna get the money from, and where will you play? supporting a league one squad, on gates of probably around 3,000 while playing at cheltenham would be very hard, especially with also having to fund the ground. i think the council should be more supportive though and some objections are a joke - the pillars are a metre higher, or the shops are 6m closer to peoples houses...come on!
  • Options
    well my guess is that both clubs did look at it, but the council said no - imagine the traffic chaos. its hard enough to get in there by car already. of course, you could build a rail link from various "park and ride" centres outside the centre - but we both know bristol council won't allow that!

interestingly, city's new stadium will be built on land which is currently in north somerset, thus not under bristol city council. they may re-do the boundaries, but maybe NS were more co-operative

as for your ground i don't see why not - its just where are you gonna get the money from, and where will you play? supporting a league one squad, on gates of probably around 3,000 while playing at cheltenham would be very hard, especially with also having to fund the ground. i think the council should be more supportive though and some objections are a joke - the pillars are a metre higher, or the shops are 6m closer to peoples houses...come on!

I think the traffic chaos would be offset by the fact that its next to TM, has regular buses from the Centre and tbh is an easy walk from there. Getting to the Mem directly for our East Bristol fans is almost impossible by public transport at the moment.

The money could have come from selling the ground for development and the council will be desperate to recoup the money it spent on the arena land now plans have fallen through so I reckon they would play ball. Plus if we played it right we could stay at the Mem while it was built. I'm sure City could have done the same.

re the boundary I'm sure I've seen a map that shows your planned stadium currently within Bristol, I'll see if I can find it.
  • Options
    i mean the construction traffic. you know how long these things take. millions of cranes in the centre, trucks, in addition to the never-ending re-development...

as for selling the ground, i wouldn't be surprised if there's somehting in place whereby dunford would get all the money and just keep it for himself
  • Options
    i mean the construction traffic. you know how long these things take. millions of cranes in the centre, trucks, in addition to the never-ending re-development...

as for selling the ground, i wouldn't be surprised if there's somehting in place whereby dunford would get all the money and just keep it for himself

The construction would have been there anyway if the arena plans had gone ahead so it would be hard for them to object.

As for Dunford :banghead:
  • Options
    Saints still only 2 points away from the drop zone. The end of this season is going to be unbearable. Come on the Saints!

Let's hope Cardiff stuff Pompey and that would make me very happy.