Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Question about "size zero"

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was in America last year, loved it!! The clothes sizing was great, kinda sucked when I had to come home though :(

Its stupid how important a few numbers are though. I was very happy when I fitted into some American trousers that read a lower size than in the UK and I hate it when I have to wear a larger size because I've put on a few pounds or the shop just sizes things differently from another shop.

But its really dumb. It shouldnt matter.

Plus, I really wish all shops would size clothes the same. Its a pain in the ass to have to double-check everything because they're too lazy to be consistent.

Did anyone else hear about that size 16 girl who won Miss Surrey? Its great. she's in the semi-finals for Miss England now :yippe: apparently thats actually the average for girls in the uk, so its nice to see some real people up there. she didnt look bad either!
    Same exact pants ive worn for a few years

You've had the same knickers on for a few years? :eek2: :p:lol:
    I turn them inside out every now and then :p
    I turn them inside out every now and then :p

:thumb:
    Pringle wrote: »
    Did anyone else hear about that size 16 girl who won Miss Surrey? Its great. she's in the semi-finals for Miss England now :yippe: apparently thats actually the average for girls in the uk, so its nice to see some real people up there. she didnt look bad either!

I saw that as well. Very pleased for her, nice to see a pretty normal size girl competing in a competion like this.

Shame so many anti-fatties have been slagging her off just because shes got a few curves.
    Only thing that bothers me about the whole thing with her is saying that she's a "normal size" because she has a few curves. That, of course, implies that you're abnormally skinny if you don't have curves. Which, of course, is stupid.

She is fit as fuck though :thumb:
    Kermit wrote: »
    Only thing that bothers me about the whole thing with her is saying that she's a "normal size" because she has a few curves. That, of course, implies that you're abnormally skinny if you don't have curves. Which, of course, is stupid.

She is fit as fuck though :thumb:
    I agree with both things! One of the Daily Mail headlines was that she was a role model but only for lazy people but you expect nothing less from them.
    If she was lazy would she have got up off her arse to be in the competition in the first place? Nope I don't think so. Bloody media need shooting
    i wish theyd make a size 15 sometime, im too small for a 16 now but just too big for a 14 its really annoying! have to wear size 16 jeans with a belt and jus let them be baggy
    An actress was told to loose weight for a role but luckily bosses have changed their mind after it was pointed out she wasn't eating enough at meal times with the rest of the cast.
    She's in the attachment I can't see a reason for her to lose any weight. Stupid idiots!